1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Hawkeye

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 10, 2019.

1. VanityHalfBlack

That was a dope trailer

Xerobull likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

looks good

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

Everybody wants to kill Hawkeye, put the bounty on, and I will be rooting for everyone. The Green Arrow has the upper hand. It's been strong for 8 seasons. The girls are hot in Arrow which helps. We'll see how this does.

4. VanityHalfBlack

You sold me. 8 seasons? Damn, I gotta catch up.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My wife and I watched the first three or four seasons. After a while the soap opera aspect sort of overwhelmed the action parts (for us) and we shelved it. Yeah, the ladies are very nice to look at but damn, the manufactured drama was over the top. I've considered picking it back up since it's spun off so many other shows but it put a bad taste in my mouth.

I think this is apples to oranges, though. The MCU series are mostly meant to standalone stories with one season (with the exception of Loki, so far).

I will say that GA > Hawkeye in terms of power/prestige and badassery. DC definitely wins on the archer front (and speedster, and energy made solid (Green Lantern)).

steddinotayto likes this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Same here. My wife and I were hooked the first 3-4 season too and then it just got weird. That being said, Arrow and the first few seasons of Flash were pretty awesome.

Xerobull likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

8. Buck Turgidson

I have not seen this tv show, but I will someday

Squirtle likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

SUCCESS. You should take a screencap for posterity.

Xerobull likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Did anybody watch? I like it. I hate that everyone knows everyone's superhero identity. everyone talking to Hawkeye like he's just some dude...he is, but he's out here a regular guy going up against Thanos and no one interacts with him like he didn't just save the universe a couple times.

Spiderman No way Home about to come out and that whole movie is about to be how everyone knowing his identity is a big deal.

#50 DreamShook, Nov 24, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    clos4life likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess they got the Bishop chick Birdeye.

Squirtle likes this.
  12. Beezy

Beezy Member

At least the restaurant comped him his meal.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

I enjoyed the first 2 episodes. I hope they do bring in daredevil and kingpin.

DreamShook likes this.
  14. PhiSlammaJamma

Thought it was uneven. The internet loved it. Not quite me. 6/10. The new girl has some good banter and that helps. But there were other times she was awkward. Did not sense chemistry between any of the actors. Especially the mother, she just didn't fit in, but she has been a good actress, so I'm willing to see it out.

Liked the jumpsuit gang. They were funny.

Sometimes the plot was interesting, like finding the Ronin costume, but then it kinda fell flat. At first, I thought Ronin was the guardian of the galaxy guy, so I was kinda let down it was just Hawkeye Ronin outfit.

Occasionally seemed to lose plot momentum.

Anyway, will watch a little more, but need a little more. Work in progress.

#54 PhiSlammaJamma, Nov 25, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    Invisible Fan and Squirtle like this.
  15. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Gonna watch this one soon and see what's up.

16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I like it so far overall. The normal guy superhero aspect works really well as a tv series. It makes me think the black widow movie would have been much better received as a series on Disney plus.

It's a little difficult to believe the Kate Bishop origin story though. Most of the other superheroes have some reason that they're special, even Barton has years/decades of extensive training. It's hard to believe some random young person is one of the best archers, martial artists, and sword fighters.

DreamShook likes this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hate it so far. Could have watched it early at D23. Glad I passed.

donkeypunch likes this.
  18. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

After watching the first episode, it just feels like another generic Marvel Disney+ tv show. They all try to be something unique but end up in the same place in the end. And there's nothing necessarily wrong with that. They've all been enjoyable to some extent, but it's getting to the point where I'm not really caring anymore. If the only compelling reason to watch these shows is so that I can understand the interconnected tv/movie universe, then I think that's a fail. I want a show or movie to succeed on it's own merit.

VanityHalfBlack and STR8Thugg like this.
  19. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Solid enough. Don't love the new female lead but she's okay.

Jeremy Renner's as Hawkeye is always entertaining though. 6/10.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

or a team up with Clint. a Black Widow Hawkeye team up movie would have been great.

Kat Bishop has been training since she was 8 or something, and she is now 22... That's a lot of training if you think about it. That's more training than Shang-Chi, lol