1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Hawkeye

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Jeremy Renner Will Star In HAWKEYE TV Series On Disney+ Streaming Service Featuring Kate Bishop
    [​IMG]
    We've been hearing rumours about this for a while, but it's now been revealed that Avengers: Endgame star Jeremy Renner will indeed star in a solo series for Clint Barton/Hawkeye on the Disney+ platform.
    Josh Wilding | 4/10/2019
    Filed Under: "Avengers" Source: Variety
    [​IMG]As we've suspected for a while now, Hawkeye is indeed coming to Disney+ but he won't be alone. Variety reveals that the limited series will feature Jeremy Renner's Clint Barton passing the torch to Kate Bishop. In the comics, Kate was a member of the Young Avengers who made the mantle her own, and the two have teamed up on a number of occasions since.

This obviously confirms that Hawkeye will survive the events of Avengers: Endgame, but it's unclear whether the inclusion of Kate Bishop means Renner's stint as the hero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe will end after the six to eight episode series debuts.

Either way, Hawkeye joins a busy Disney+ slate which includes shows for characters like Loki, Falcon and The Winter Soldier, and Vision and the Scarlet Witch.

Renner made his debut as the character in Thor, and neither he nor fans were shy about criticising the way the archer was handled in The Avengers. Hawkeye was then given significant roles in Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America: Civil War, but was cut from Captain America: The Winter Soldier in the scripting stages and didn't appear in Avengers: Infinity War.

He will, however, be a key part of Avengers: Endgame later this month.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Well, one thing is for certain. Disney's $4 billion acquisition of Marvel was a BARGAIN!

Invisible Fan and seclusion like this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

not too keen on the lesser super power supporting characters. maaaybe if hbo did a series on blek window, but more of a romance, namsayin?

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It should be titled "the Immortal Hawkeye". Can we get a flashback to Quicksilver dying or something so that actor/character won't be completely wasted?

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Black Widow is getting a solo movie, it's filming this summer.

Jontro likes this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

i hope it's rated r soley for nudity and sexual purposes.

7. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

I'm surprised on two levels:
    1) Disney thinks people like superheroes this much to flood them with C and D-level character solo offshoots.
    2) That the actors basically want to play those characters in perpetuity

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I kind of caught that, haha. Rated R? Maybe, more likely PG-13 though. Nudity...doubttttt it...

9. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Red Sparrow type movie?

Jontro likes this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

with less story and moar secksy.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  11. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

They probably saw the success of the netflix shows and decided to keep it going.

I'll probably watch them.

12. Xerobull

1) A good chunk of the MCU was pumping up C and D level characters because they lost the rights to Fantastic Four and X-Men. Guardians of the Galaxy didn't even have a comic when I was a kid, and Captain Marvel was dead. Black Widow was always a tertiary character. Hawkeye has had his own comics off and on for a long, long time. I'd call him a B level character in terms of popularity and backstory in the Marvel Comics cannon. They have tons of material to work with.

2) I'm guessing that they are putting a TON of money into their shows to draw new subscribers. Throwing big paychecks at the actors for Hawkeye and Loki would be part of that. It will have me watching.

13. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Early preview of the first episode:

Jontro and Xerobull like this.
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

They should make a show about daredevil and the punisher

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Do you mean like the Living Tribunal and Eternity get an apartment in NYC together and have hard time paying bills? Hilarity ensues.

Jontro likes this.
  17. PhiSlammaJamma

As far an actor wanting to do it in perpetuity. That is plausible to me. I'd say about 1 in 15 are looking to settle for a permanent tv job. Renner isn't going to carry a lot movies and draw a huge box office. He just doesn't have an it factor in my opinion. So I can see it. But I doubt it has enough long term draw. Think Flash and Green Arrow have proven they can't hold the general fans for much more than a year. But there is enough interest to keep it afloat.

18. Xerobull

19. Xerobull

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I liked how they used Hawkeye in Endgame and one of my favorite scenes of the whole movie was him going rogue and killing Yakuza. If they follow up like that, not with him fighting beings with godlike powers, but taking out the criminal underworld or intelligence agents could be good.

I know nothing about Kate Bishop but reading the description I fear it could turn into a CW DCU show. About a young good looking superhero dealing with late teen 20 something dramas...