1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Daredevil

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 7, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Electra reference was impossible to notice

2. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Her name is spelled Elektra. ;)

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Autocorrect disagrees.

4. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Foggy character needs to go. Annoying...

5. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Season 2 confirmed

NETFLIX ORDERS A SECOND SEASON OF 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL'
    The Man Without Fear's adventures will continue in another season of 'Marvel's Daredevil,' coming only to Netflix in 2016!

Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that "Marvel's Daredevil" will receive a second season, available only on the streaming service in 2016!

With the first season of "Marvel's Daredevil" proving a smash success with both audiences and critics, Netflix and Marvel will continue to create further adventures of the Man Without Fear! Doug Petrie ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "American Horror Story") and Marco Ramirez ("Sons of Anarchy"), who worked closely with Executive Producers Steven S. DeKnight and Drew Goddard during the first season, will serve as showrunners for Season 2. Petrie, Ramirez, Goddard ("Cabin in the Woods"), and Jeph Loeb ("Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.") will serve as Executive Producers of Season 2.

“While previous commitments unfortunately prevent me from continuing on with Daredevil into its second season," DeKnight explains, "I could not be happier that Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez are carrying the torch. They were invaluable collaborators during our first season, and I for one can't wait to see what they do with the show moving forward."

"Marvel's Daredevil" is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix.

"Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones" comes only to Netflix later this year and "Marvel's Luke Cage" premieres on the streaming service in 2016. Future series exclusively debuting on Netflix include “Marvel’s Iron Fist” and “Marvel’s Defenders,” a mini-series event that reimagines a team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Just finished. Very well done! I really hope Season 2 doesn't disappoint.

8/10

Is Arrow worth watching?

7. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

He's supposed to be the awkward antithesis of who daredevil is

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yes, first 2 seasons are great. Season 2 in particular is an all-timer.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I like Foggy, but I see where some people would disagree.

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Fulton was ok. No knuckle puck though.

Liked the show OK. The Wilson Fisk guy is good.

11. 713

713 Member

Foggy is desperately needed in this show. He's the sole comic relief. This show would be way too grim without him.

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

any else feel that marvel is trying to make daredevil their batman? feels way too similar to me.

-vigilante demonized by his city that he's trying to help
    -refuses to kill people
    -lurks in the shadows
    -parents were murdered when he was young
    -trained by some kungfu master that disagrees with his no killing philosophy

however, i'm still enjoying it. got 1 episode left.

13. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

2 words; Frank Miller.

14. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

This is a pretty neat chart:

[​IMG]

15. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Finished it last week, season one grade is 7/10

Overall very good and entertaining but the acting performances of a few characters was lacking.

Fisk in particular, dude just seemed like he was forced to act in Daredevil. I feel like that was a buzz kill for me because I really liked the show other wise.

Even Wesley had a better performance and he wasn't even the primary villain.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah, I was going to say the series is based off of Frank Miller who wrote arguably the best stories for both characters. It's not a coincidence.

17. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Perfectly fine with that.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Finally finished watching the series. I usually watch these things with my wife but she was pregnant the last month and couldn't hang with the dark tone and violence, so I had to find time to watch it solo.

Great show. Not fantastic good or up there with the pantheon of all-time-great shows like Breaking Bad or True Detective.

Here are some Easter Eggs from the show. Some of them are spoilers, some just silly:

13 BEST DAREDEVIL EASTER EGGS

Now that we've binged Daredevil's Netflix series, it's time to point out our favorite Easter eggs, references, and trivia.

This goes without saying, but beware of spoilers for Season 1 of Daredevil!

The Battle of NY

While no one says the words “Avengers,” “Chituari,” or “Hulk smashing Loki,” there are many references to the big invasion scene at the end of The Avengers movie. Most of them are just characters talking about the destruction in passing, but the coolest is when we see that it was reporter Ben Urich who wrote the front page story about the Battle of New York, not to mention the Harlem Terror story about the Hulk’s battle with Abomination.

The Owl

In the comics, Leland Owlsley is the villain known as The Owl, and there was a neat tribute to him when we saw him get a green coat. Interestingly, showrunner Steven S. Deknight has hinted that even though Leland dies in the show, the son that he mentions several times could later become the The Owl we know from the comics.

Elektra

During a flashback, Matt and Foggy discuss a Greek girl that he once dated that “didn’t work out.” This woman is undoubtedly Elektra, the superhero assassin who has been both lover and enemy to Daredevil in the comics.

Classic Kingpin

Vanessa tells Wilson Fisk about a prince who once seduced her and how he wore a white suit with an ascot. This is a fun jab at the Kingpin’s classic outfit in the comics. Like Fisk says, “That’s a bit much.”

Mr. Potter’s Shop

Melvin Potter’s shop has a couple cool Easter eggs.

In the comics, Potter is a villain known as Gladiator, who wears a yellow and blue costume and wields sawblades on his wrists. In his shop, we see yellow and blue materials, his symbol on a design board, a Revenge of the Gladiators poster, and he even throws a sawblade during his fight with Daredevil.

If that wasn’t enough, there’s two extendable mechanical legs in his shop. Those belong to one of the most ridiculous supervillains of all time -- Stilt-Man.

Steel Serpent

Madame Gao’s drug packets bear a red snake symbol. That’s the crest of Steel Serpent, the archnemesis of Iron Fist -- another Marvel hero who will be getting his own Netflix series.

Crane Mother

Speaking of Madam Gao, that was quite the punch she threw at Daredevil, wasn’t it? That curiously strong hit, plus her mention of how her homeland is “a considerable distance farther” than China, seems to be hinting that she’s from one of the Legendary Cities of Heaven. One of those cities is K’un L’un, the place where Iron Fist gets his powers. If we’re right about all this, we’ve got her pegged as Crane Mother, an evil, magical being associated with Steel Serpent.

The Hand

Nobu dressed up as a red ninja to fight Daredevil. It was a pretty sweet fight scene, but the real treat was how it appears to set up the evil, supernatural ninja group known as The Hand.

As for who Nobu really is, that’s still up in the air. Kagenobu Yoshioka was the founder of The Hand, but that was back in the 1500s, so maybe his name is just a tribute. He could also an elite red ninja in the comics known as Kigiri. Or maybe he was just an enforcer with some sweet moves, who knows?

The Chaste

There’s a mysterious scene where Stick meets up with a hulking man with a scarred back. In the comics we know him as an invulnerable man named Stone. He’s part of a mystical martial arts group called The Chaste. Together with Stick, Daredevil, and a group of others, their mission is to oppose The Hand.

Stan Lee

What’s a Marvel production without a Stan Lee cameo? We don’t see him in the flesh, rather in a photo on the wall in the police station.

The Absorbing Man

Carl "Crusher" Creel is Battlin’ Jack Murdock’s boxing opponent. In the comics, Creel is a supervillain known as the Absorbing Man with the ability to turn his body into any material he touches. This actually ties Daredevil to the Agents of SHIELD TV show where Creel was featured using his full super powers.

Bullseye

This one’s a bit of a stretch, so bear with us. When the sniper on the roof is assembling his sniper rifle, you can glimpse an ace of spades in his bag. That could make him Bullseye, Daredevil’s arch nemesis in the comics who can throw ordinary objects with such skill that they become lethal projectiles.

This isn’t enough to confirm him as Bullseye, but a sharpshooting cop-killer with playing cards? We’re just sayin'.

The Man Without Fear

The final shot of Season 1 is Daredevil diving off a rooftop in full red costume. This is an homage to the final page of Daredevil: The Man Without Fear by Frank Miller and John Romita, Jr. -- an origin story that heavily influenced the Netflix show.

Netflix's next series, A.K.A. Jessica Jones thread here.

#158 Xerobull, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
  19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Just finished. 8/10. Solid as a rock and a great first Marvel act by Netflix. Daredevil bodes well for Luke Cage and Iron fist next year.

The first 3-4 episodes were so good I thought the show was a 10 but it loses a little momentum.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree! The first half of the season was so good. The last half was all Lawyer jargon and Foggy being ****ing annoying. The Foggy episode was so terrible I had to spend some time away from the series. The season finale could have been better, but that Dare Devil suit looks great.