1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Daredevil Season 2 (Neflix)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Anytime a show is on network TV, the show will be built around its model and demographic audience, not so much the content of the show. AoS COULD be a great show, but it never will because its on network television. Adult content is not so much the issue. Daredevil would be better for network television since its not full of extreme violence and sex, while the Punisher would not work well at all on network. However what kills any network show is intentionally drawing it out for 23 episodes for ad dollars and then filling it was garbage filler to draw in as big of an audience as possible (see The Arrow and The Flash).

What Netflix should do is push out a new series every 3 months with a story arc of having one character as primary and all the others as secondary, versus every character having their own season. (Much like GRRM writes his chapters in his books). Lets face it ... multiple seasons of Jessica Jones and Nick Cage will get boring fast. Daredevil season 2 was great because Daredevil did not dominate the entire series.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It was at the end of episode 12 I believe. Also the finger twitch thing, I think is in reference to Kingpin. Kingpin had that same type of finger twitch. Also, his former commanding officer (the real blacksmith I guess) mentioned that he had a habit of being able to mimic peoples' mannerisms perfectly. I believe he's going after Kingpin next.

As for the Black Sky thing, she'd been trained to kill / fight against that almost her entire life. I don't think it's a stretch to believe she could go against it when the time came.

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Got convoluted and confusing towards the end...

what is that coffin thing for? Some resurrection machine? Needs specific blood type from those 5 chosen one kids? Why does nobu seem immortal without it then? What the heck is going on... i kinda didnt like the fact that there was so much arguing about moral code and not killing from daredevil. People died anyway. Elektra was hot.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

4 episodes in. Pretty solid, but not quite as good as I remember Season 1 being.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm at the same point and agree with you. But supposedly it won't drop off noticeably like season 1 did.

6. conquistador#11

just solid? if episode 4 had been 30 minutes longer, it could be a stand alone movie. definitely my favorite episode.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I have to agree with this. Episode 4 was so filling I've decided to take a break for a couple of days.

Whoa!

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I'm kind of blown away that someone could watch the first four episodes and think it was somehow worse than season 1. The rooftop stuff and stairwell alone were better moments than anything in season 1, to me.

9. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Finished up S02 Monday night, I was very happy with this season.

My order so far:

JJ S01
    DD S02

DD S01

After the first season of DD I went into JJ expecting less, but was pleasantly surprised. DD2 and JJ1 are on par with each other, just different, both had great supporting actors and sweet villains. I'll go as far as to say that the supporting actors or villains outshined the main character in both for me.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Kinda random, but I think DC should explore having one of its lesser known heroes be on a streaming "network." With the success of Marvel on the big screen, they branched out into Netflix and network TV with pretty good success.

Considering that BvS might be a bust, critically, and that some members of the JL might not get their standalone movies in preparation for the JL movie, I think it'd be a good idea for DC to make, like, a Green Lantern series, on Amazon Prime or something.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

JJ1 was below par compared to DD. In DD1, DD made a great protagonist and Fisk made a great antagonist. In DD2, Punisher and Elektra completely took the spotlight from DD.
    JJ was annoying and quickly became a bore. Her scornful and bitter personality will not go well with DD, Punisher and Elektra.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

DD season 1 had a major lull in the middle, to the point that I had to force myself to get though it. Not at all a fan of fidgety, big baby Kingpin.

JJ kept me hooked throughout and Kilgrave was the best villain to date in the entire Marvel universe. DD season 2 also kept my interest for the most part, although I think a lot of that is attributed to the Punisher.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

DD1 and JJ1 were on par with each other

DD2 is heads and shoulders above them both

I think the best things I like is .. . FOGGY being less a whiney b*tch
    They really brought out the impossible situation he was in

PUNISHER!!! NUFF SAID

(I suspect next go around we will have to get BULLSEYE)

I wanted to see more about what was going on with Madam Gao
    They have created a rich mythos and alot of stories to be made there

MARVEL
    In the THEATER -- A
    In the NetFlix -- A+
    On the TV - - - C . . . Agent Carter keeps it from being a D-

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  14. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Oh they better do that and do it right....

15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with all of this. As to your mention of Madam Gao, I'm not a comic ready, but I've heard a lot of people theorizing that she will play a large role in the new series Iron Fist (of which I know almost nothing).

16. Freik

/agree

Like I said for me in all reality Cage and Killgrave pushed the series forward for me, I watched DD1 in 2 parts the lull in the middle made me stop binging it. DD2 I watched over 2 days with no break (except stupid work).

I like in DD2 they show how Kingpin progresses from Fisk to Kingpin, we knew he was a psychopath from S1, but just the little screentime he had this season made me like him more than I did before. In all reality I felt his underling was a better character than he was. For some reason he comes across as the bug guy from Men in Black that wears the guys skin, like he doesn't have full control of his speech patterns and vocabulary.

I enjoyed the mind games more than action scenes so that's why I put JJ1 on par with DD2. Although I will say DD2 did a really good job on a few of the single camera fight scenes, it was nice.

One of my complaints as with most others about DD1 was Foggy, I think they worked with his character and he had to come out of his shell in DD2 and it helped.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LMAO

I hope you are being sarcastic .. . but that is comic gold!!!

Rocket River
    . .. . just in case you weren't . . .you do know the same guy plays both roles. . . .right?

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

One reason this is unintentionally funny is that Vincent D'Onofrio (Kingpin) played that character you're talking about on Men in Black, lol. The speech patterns are similar cus it's the same guy.

(Sorry River, didn't see your post)

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Finished it last night, I enjoyed it more than the first season. Funny that a lot of critical reviews were down on season 2 vs season 1, some saying it was a massive disappointment.

The final episode was solid and can't wait to see more of Punisher and Elektra....

20. Freik

I'm aware, just couldn't stop seeing the MiB character every time he spoke, made it hard to take the character seriously.