1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Studios News] Wesley Snipes possibly back as Blade!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Wesley Snipes Has Met With Marvel About Returning As Blade The Vampire Hunter

[​IMG]

In an interview with Deadline about his new TV series The Player, Wesley Snipes also opened up about his future with Marvel Studios, and revealed something very interesting indeed: he's already had talks about returning as Blade.

Marvel Studios received the rights back to Blade a couple of years ago, with rumors circling that the character could appear on a second run of Netflix series alongside other "Midnight Sons" characters like Ghost Rider, who also returned to the Marvel Cinematic Universe rights stable recently.

"[Blade 4] is controlled by Marvel and we did have a really productive and a wonderful meeting and we discussed a number of things. I don’t know where it’s on their schedule at this point, that hasn’t been decided. I guess it’s still up in the air," Snipes said when asked about returning to the role. That meeting centered on returning as Blade, but may have offered up other opportunities as well.

Coming into the Marvel Cinematic Universe another way " is a possibility too," the actor said. "I’ve always been a fan of these pieces and adaptations and I’d be nice to be a part of the family again. But if we don’t to a Blade 4 or something else with Marvel, we’ll do something else."

Snipes' last time in the role was in Blade Trinity in 2004. A single season TV series cast another actor, Kirk "Sticky Fingaz" Jones in the role.

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Just pay those taxes, Wesley.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Blade to join the Avengers?

4. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

That's great news, Blade is a bad mother****er man. Wouldn't seem right without Snipes.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

. . . . and we will pretend there was never a third movie . . . . .

Rocket River

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Looking forward to this as long as it doesn't stay as r****ded as the third movie was. I love the stories about how Snipes seemed to come to believe he actually was Blade while on set.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I love this. The final boss should be Robert Pattinson. He plays a good vampire

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The first 2 were good

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The third movie felt like it was directed by the dip**** who spews out those Resident Evil sequels.

10. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

"Either you're stupid or you're dangerous and you can't be stupid because stupid people can't push my buttons and piss me off so you must be dangerous"

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"Blade and the Blue Avenger"

It just works. Make it work. I need credit and royalties.

12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Am I the only one who thinks he should look for other roles?
    I mean the guy looks like he's 100yrs old!

[​IMG]

I'd rather have this guy reprise that role...

[​IMG]

I think Idris Elba would be a much better Blade!
    He's younger and a far,far,far better actor!

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Blade was really a hellva of a strong film, liked the second one as well. Really one of the first superhero films, predated the X-men film.

14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I am for this. Snipes was a bad ass as Blade. A Netflix TV series would work well I think. Might need to cake him in makeup so he doesn't look as old