1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel movies] Infinity War! (Part 1 and 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Movie was epic AF, a fitting ending as others have said. Avoid spoilers, lots of surprises and fun.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Cap stole more Pym particles when they stole the Tesseract in the 70s.

Also, I think you should spoiler tag your first comment...that actually is a spoiler to plenty of people.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

So it works one way, too? As in they could bring dinosaurs to the future with Pym particles? They made it seem like the traveler had to have the particle and jump themselves.

Also, I don't think it does. I mean, who doesn't expect the Avengers to win?

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's good.

Ima go watch it again.

CG work is impressive...for diff reasons

mikol13, Dave2000 and tinman like this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

they ended this so perfectly...they could never make another Marvel movie again and I’d be satisfied

can’t see any superhero movie ever topping what Infinity War + Endgame just pulled off

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

So what happens now? Complete reboot?

Do we not get Tony Stark and Rogers ever again?

8. tinman

Supporting Member

I saw this in a theater with Dolby Atmos in 3D, with the reclining seats. I also think they are using next generation projectors cause the black level is OLED good.
    Not IMAX, but pretty huge screen.

Impeccable , especially you can see how super detailed everything is.

Dave2000 likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

all those new streaming Disney shows
    Bucky and falcon
    scarlet witch
    etc

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Marvel has tens of thousands of characters to throw at us. Black Widow has a movie, Black Panther, Spider-Man have movies, the shows, The Eternals movie which is sort of a Thanos origin movie, Guardians 3, surely Captain Marvel 2.....then you have the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchises which Marvel just re-acquired. We may see a soft reboot of these, which will probably entail new casting at the least. They've barely scratched the surface.

I think you're asking....how do they top this? Don't know, but...There are still epic stories in the comics that can be made into movies. The Russo Brothers (directors of the movie) really want to do a Secret Wars movie, which was the first big Marvel Comics crossover event back in the 80's. Then there's Galactus, etc.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Ok, spoiler free ‘review’ - this movie is a masterpiece. It might top The Matrix as my favorite movie. The emotional impact it had on me was sublime and I’m afraid to watch it again. Yeah, I’m a fanboy but I’m a grown man with lots and lots of life perspective and this movie did it for me. The acting in this movie was utterly poignant at times and on par with Oscar performances I’ve seen, especially ScarJo and Renner. The Russo Brothers could make a movie about paint drying and I would be first in line because I know it would be the perfect mix of action, laughs and great story telling.

Even though I am afraid to see it again I am thinking about going again this weekend. I haven’t been to see a movie more than once since I was a kid and the original Star Wars movies came out. That’s how good this is.

Even if you haven’t seen the other Marvel Studios movies up to this point or have just watched them as popcorn flicks, this movie is still amazing, and does a great job at piecing enough backstory together for even the casual viewer to get the gist and enjoy.

Avoid all spoilers and just go see it.

BigM likes this.
  12. Schmidt

Schmidt Member

Google ‘thanos’ on a mobile device and then click on the gauntlet on the right. Note: you may have to click it twice.

13. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pretty rough half of a year with GOT and Avengers ending.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

For me Civil War was still the Dark Horse. Such a refreshing one.

16. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

It was amazing, the feels was epic

one thing

did anybody else have a "ticking clock" sound at random times of the movie?, I honestly thought it was because I was near the top of the projector at my Dolby Screening, but this is a digital showing, not an old school film strip showing....

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Are there end credit scenes after the movie? No-spoiler answers please

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I miss Vision though

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

excellent in so many ways but I had a random question in general though regarding IW and this film below:

So both Scarlett Witch and Marvel acquired their powers from a single infinity stone. We see SW seemingly keep Thanos at bay for a fair amount of time on her own while she was destroying the Mind stone. At this point Thanos had 5 stones.

Marvel was able to attack Thanos pretty well when he had the iron gauntlet on with all 6 stones.

Shouldn't Thanos with 5 stones be able to just wipe the floor with either of these characters? Heck for that matter Thanos with 2 of the stones should be significantly more powerful both of them.

Just seemed off to me that 2 characters who received powers from infinity stones seem to become more powerful than the wielder of the infinity stones themselves. Or is there a reason behind this?

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

No don't waste your time

jayhow92 likes this.