1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Spider-Man 3: No Way Home

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 27, 2019.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Good Lord, there are a crapload of characters in this film.

arkoe likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

But wait! There's more!!!!

SPIDER-MAN 3: WILLEM DAFOE AND THOMAS HADEN CHURCH NEGOTIATING A RETURN IN MIND-BLOWING SEQUEL: EXCLUSIVE

Posted by Braxter Timberlake | Dec 14, 2020 | Exclusives, Movies, Superheroes | 1

[​IMG]
    The cast of Spider-Man 3 continues to grow as two former supervillains look to make their return.

Last week Disney shook up the superhero world with their onslaught of new content coming to homes via their Disney+ streaming service. New series like What If…? and Loki gave audiences their first in-depth looks at the shows, while other shows like WandaVision and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier continued to excite fans.

Even with that embarrassment of riches, there’s still a lot more to come on the theatrical side as well. No project better exemplifies the ambitious approach that Marvel Studios is taking in Phase 4 more than with the eagerly anticipated and untitled, Spider-Man 3.

RELATED: BREAKING DOWN 4 NEW MCU TRAILERS FROM DISNEY’S INVESTORS DAY

Over the past few weeks the Spider-Man 3 production has continued to amaze onlookers with their ambitious cast that includes characters from every cinematic incarnation of the Web Crawler. Tobey Maguire has already been spotted reporting for duty, while other outlets have confirmed that Andrew Garfield is back for another spin on the character as well. We’ve reported on Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx among other big names making returns in their villainous roles.

GREEN GOBLIN AND SANDMAN PURSUED FOR SPIDER-MAN 3
    While the news of talented actors like Molina and Foxx returning have set the table and expectations for Spider-Man 3, there are still other important villains that have played an even more crucial role in Peter Parker’s journey.

[​IMG]
    Previously Fandom Wire reported that the Green Goblin character is intended to return in the sequel. It seems that they were on to something, as Willem Dafoe and Thomas Hayden Church are both attached to return to the project as well. According to our source, their deals are still being finalized, but they are indeed a part of the Spider-Man 3 masterplan. Unfortunately, we were unable to get any info on the size of their appearances, however judging by the size of the cast, it’s hard to imagine them being huge.

Willem Dafoe (The Lighthouse) played the original Norman Osborn, and Green Goblin, in Sam Raimi’s 2002 blockbuster Spider-Man. in that film, he was both a father figure and first major supervillain that Tobey Maguire’s Spider-Man faced. Dafoe’s duplicitous performance far outshined the cartoony design of his Green Goblin suit and his schizophrenic monologue into a mirror is still remembered to this day.

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    Thomas Haden Church (The Peanut Butter Falcon) appeared in 2008’s Spider-Man 3, as the hapless criminal Flint Marko, who would go on to become the Sandman. The sand-based enemy was defeated as well in that film, however the villain is one of the more memorable opponents in Spider-Man’s vast comic book rogue’s gallery. Additionally, the Sandman’s powerset, if used in the sequel, offers a fun visual and an unique gimmick for screenwriters.

RELATED: ALFRED MOLINA RETURNING AS DOCTOR OCTOPUS IN SPIDER-MAN 3 SHOCKING MCU FANS

Much like with Jamie Foxx’s Electro, Spider-Man 3 offers an unique opportunity to not only bring back world-class actors and fan-favorite characters from the comics, but also to redesign and reimagine these villains. Perhaps we could even get to see the original design for the Green Goblin that never made it to set. It’s unclear what direction director Jon Watts and studio head Kevin Feige will be taking with the new film, but the possibilities continue to grow along with MCU fans’ excitement.

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Having Dafoe in there would be iconic

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm really excited for this, because of nostalgia and the fact that this could set up a lot of other things for MCU (Daredevil movie??). I have faith that they'll do it right even with all of these actors/characters.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Seems like SM3 with venom, sandman, and goblin.

ROXTXIA likes this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm more confident in this risk/endeavor of cramming in all of these characters because MCU is heavily involved and the potential for this film to set up other MCU franchises (Fantastic 4 reboot? Daredevil? Eventual crossover event like End Game?) puts more burden/pressure on this film being good to great.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

This is going to be a damn 4 hour film.

Invisible Fan, B-Bob, Jontro and 2 others like this.
  8. Xerobull

Im cool with that. Avengers Endgame went from three hours to getting split into Endgame/Infinity War which both came out the same year, and were amazing.

Jontro likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dafoe did a great Goblin, Church looked great but overall a bit underwhelming, Molina was great as Dock Oc.

Is this the Sinister Six they are doing?

10. Xerobull

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

12. Xerobull

Willem Dafoe Will Reportedly Be The MCU’s Main Osborn
    [​IMG] Scott Campbell
    8 hours ago
    [​IMG]

For years, we’ve been hearing that Norman Osborn‘s introduction into the Marvel Cinematic Universe is imminent. The head of Oscorp and most famous Green Goblin might be best known as a Spider-Man villain, but over the decades he’s proven to be a thorn in the side of almost every major Marvel superhero.

There’s been talk that he could even be established as the MCU’s next big bad, and a shady businessman who doubles as a part time costumed glider enthusiast would certainly be a massive difference from intergalactic genocidal maniac Thanos, while his more cerebral and intelligent nature would make him a great fit for an antagonist who prefers to lurk in the shadows pulling the strings rather than getting his hands dirty.

[​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]
    -

<< Swipe to view slides >>

Because everyone that’s ever played a substantial role in a live-action Spider-Man movie has been rumored for this December’s threequel, Willem Dafoe has been heavily linked with a cameo as Sam Raimi’s Norman Osborn. Of course, he’s not even the only Green Goblin that’s been swirling around the rumor mill, with Dane DeHaan’s Harry from The Amazing Spider-Man 2also a regular source of speculation, although there seems to be no love for James Franco or Chris Cooper’s members of the family tree.

Insider Daniel Richtman is now claiming, though, that Dafoe will be established as the MCU’s canonical Norman Osborn once he debuts, which raises several issues. The most obvious is that the actor has yet to be confirmed for Spider-Man 3, so there’s every chance he won’t show up in the movie at all, and even if he does, then he’d have to overcome the obstacle of being dead in Raimi’s universe. That being said, we’ve already seen J.K. Simmons bring his Sony character over to the MCU and at this point, we know so little about Spidey’s third outing that nothing can be ruled out yet.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No problem with it. McConaughey rumors are done then?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  14. conquistador#11

Curious to how Dafoe will work as the Green Goblin in real time, parallel universe?
    Wasn't one of the reasons peeps hated part 3 of Toby's Spiderman : It packed so many villains. I vividly remember that Review thread of Spiderman 3. It delayed me viewing it. Toby's 2 Spidermans are still my favorite.
    [​IMG]

15. Xerobull

Hadn’t heard that one.

They worked alternate JJJ in. I’m sure Osborn can exist.

16. Xerobull

17. Xerobull

Dis gon be good.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

The budget is like 1 billion. And that’s just from the 300 actors they’re bringing in.

FLASH21 and Xerobull like this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Too many ingredients, you ruin the cake. SM3 was so awful.

20. Xerobull

Nah, it can be done. (SM3 was awful because the studio shoe-horned Venom into the story that wasn't written with him in it).

[​IMG]

FLASH21, rockbox and Ziggy like this.