1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Avengers 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 22, 2020.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I really hope they find some spark of life in this "Multiverse Saga" of the MCU, because my interest is pretty low at this point even though I would love to like it. I still haven't seen Thor yet, but I might at some point. Hopefully Blade and Wakanda Forever are good. The potential plot leak for Wakanda Forever almost reminded of Dr Strange 2 in terms of it's structure....so hopefully they will have something more creative than that leak.

Jontro likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Lol yep. However I actually think they are squandering the ability that XMen gives them. IMO the XMen should be a D+ series that is pencilled in for 10 episodes a year at least. Giving Marvel fan coverage a good chunk of the year and allowing them more space to do their movie saga right. The X-men movies always short change a lot of great characters such as cyclops who often just gets relegated to jealous boyfriend.

A character like Gambit would have the ability to essentially have a standalone origin story movie within the framework of a series. Storm almost never gets any screen time either. I think it’s the perfect property for D+ and solves their need to push content too often and too fast just to make sure there’s calendar coverage.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Slow burn X-Men show done right, culminating on the big screen would be awesome and could further cement D+ as a leader in the streaming world. You need like... James Cameron or something lol. Don't @ me, but I would take Whedon as a writer.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What's it say? Is this director legit? I thought Shang Chi looked kind of cheesy and convoluted in the 2nd half.

6. Xerobull

Who knows. I thought Shang-Chi was sort of mediocre. A big part of that was the bad CGI. I imagine that the tentpole tentpole Avengers will have more oversight.

clos4life likes this.
  7. Xerobull

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not against it at all. But I feel like... Spiderman was never at the heart of ANY of the big Marvel Comic crossovers. He often had fun roles (symbiote, revealing his identity in Civil War) but he was never THE guy or one of THE guys. He's not usually supposed to be a TEAM guy and when he is, def not usually a LEADER.

Jontro likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He's likable and relatable to younger audiences.

Also helps that his strength is off the charts so he can take hits that a Falcon or Hawkeye wouldn't be able to take..

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Lead actor in a series doesn't necessarily always mean that he'll be the actual leader of a group in a movie. I could argue that Nick Fury is the actual leader in Avengers 1.

I think Cap/Falcon and Dr. Strange seem to be the best suited "leaders" in regards to what they bring to the table for the actual team even though neither of them probably need the most screen time in a team up movie. I also could see them at odds which could make for a good on-screen dynamic between Mackie and Cumberbatch. However Holland could be the lead actor and sort of emotional heart of the story that Fiege and Co. are projecting out.

Jontro, Invisible Fan and Xerobull like this.
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Entropy and Jontro like this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They should just finish it out. Only so much content to work with. They're gonna busss too soon if they rush everyone back NOW (iron man, etc) - what else they gonna have left after that?

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They had no choice. It won't fix their core problems but cutting bait gives them a chance to throw out the trash and start from scratch.

I don't trust them with the new Dr. Doom and/or X-Men story arcs. Seems like they are living in the delusion "too much content" is the problem, not the content itself.

All they really have to do is look at what made Loki great and how it was different from previous garbage. They won't though. The agenda must live on!

Jontro and Invisible Fan like this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Too bad Majors is a real piece of work in real life to offset the charisma he generates as different characters. People want escapism in these hero movies but this guy's image is starting to smell like vomit in a crowded room to the point where it can't be ignored even if charges are dropped.

Firing the rick and morty writer might be a good idea if they replace with a fresh and clean break. There's only so much you can do with the multiverse angle before it becomes a tired trope that bleeds together. Loki S2 was interesting but the latest R&M ended up being similar to it in concept. The stakes also become too muddled for "must-see" blockbusters

You can't undo the Kang Dynasty, but if they aren't replacing Majors, then maybe they off him sooner in-movie for someone like Doom to set up Secret Wars.

Or maybe Thanos like Snoke/Palpatine...:oops:

#74 Invisible Fan, Nov 14, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
    Jontro likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I feel like...
    1. Most people don't know who Johnathon Majors is
    2. Most people that watch MCU movies with Kang in them don't know the guy playing Kang has drama surrounding him

clos4life likes this.
  16. Entropy

Entropy Member

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

everyone is screaming recast, but marvel is keen on destroying their story and write him out instead. hell i’d be fine with tom cruise being cast as kang, instead of marvel shoehorning in dr doom if the rumors are correct. unless, tom cruise plays dr doom.

audiences will be ok with marvel recasting their characters as they age out, but it seems marvel can't move on.

18. Invisible Fan

Deepfake T'challa's face and voice on Kang (Bad Panther "variant") === Instant Billions

Jontro likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think a few industry people (perhaps influenced/paid by other companies) with large followings on X or IG are "screaming" recast, but in actuality, 99% of the people that buy tickets to these movies do not know about any drama with Majors.

You don't HAVE to get DICTATED by a few talking heads on Twitter. Just LIVE and see where the dollars fall. But also - don't make shitty movies.

Jontro likes this.
  20. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Jontro and Tom Cruise, sittin' in a tree...

mikol13 and Jontro like this.