1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Ant-Man 3: Quantumania

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 10, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Marvel Fatigue is real. Marvel got greedy man.. We don't need this much content. it's too much. I'm still watching though..

Jontro and dmoneybangbang like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Still watching...but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Entertain me nao, Feige!!

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I wish they would have recast Black Panther. No idea exactly who would play him, but I don't think they should completely abandon the character. I thought they would use Shuri in that type of role but I think since Letitia Wright got cancelled last year then that may have messed things up.

Who knows what they will do at this point. They seem to be more concerned with giving us characters that no one really cares about more than developing Black Panther.

DreamShook likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Heist movies and caper movies are great! IDIOT

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

They're filming BP2 and making a series as well. There's a lot of discussion about who will be the next BP in the BP2 thread here:

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/marvel-movie-black-panther-2-wakanda-forever.293755/

I still stick to my guns and think they will bring back Killmonger and he will take on the BP mantle. The only thing that could derail that is some girl power nonsense that enables Shuri to keep the mantle (I think she will take the sacred flower as well). Or they may share it.

DreamShook likes this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

im more fatigued with the girl power and lgbtqrstuv agenda than i am with marvel. but i see your point.

Bono likes this.
  7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Curious, in your opinion, what Marvel TV show or movie over the past year from Marvel is pushing the girl power or LGBTQ+ agenda?

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Isn't Michael B Jordan playing Superman now though?

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

movies in general. aside from that one obvious scene in end game, marvel has been pretty good in that regard, at least from the top of my head right now.

much rather watch a marvel movie than girl power and alphabet movies, was what i was saying.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I don't know... what difference does that make?

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I feel like it makes a difference.

Xerobull likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not pressed by all the women, but it is noticeable. I dont think it's an agenda, I think it just kind of happened. Feige is not a dummy, He wants EVERYONE to watch his movies. I think he will be bringing more men, diversity, gays, whatever soon so he can make sure he racks up the most dough.

Jontro likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

RIP Chadwick. Marvel was way too quick to just say they wouldn't recast. T'Challa is too essential to Marvel to just discontinue the character. They would never do this to Joker, Spiderman, Superman, Batman, whoever.

robbie380 likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Shuri getting the BP mantle is comics accurate though. it isn't girl power nonsense. If she gets it, it will be earned. Coogler wouldn't do that girl power stuff if the vision has changed to make Shuri BP due to Cadwick's passing. One of the best things about BP was the women were just as strong as the men in their own way.

But Yeah I need Killmonger to comeback and be BP. We never saw him die if we're being honest

Invisible Fan and Xerobull like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

1st they’d have to explain why T’Challa is gone all of the sudden in this Marvel Universe, and then explain how Wakanda could end up trusting and empowering Killmonger after what he did.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Loki is a recent one

Invisible Fan likes this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

It's all about expanding the market and building a library out, which has caused some fatigue and loss of shine from my perspective.

Xerobull likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They do try incorporating twists with their diversity. BP and ragnorak had colonialism undertones that was part of the story. BP wouldn't make a billion if the world didn't appeal to its audience like Avatar did

I didn't need to be jk rowling'd about Loki's sexual preferences but the show was beyond incestuous and would likely be some allegory for Utah folks if the premise wasn't so ridiculously out there

Xerobull likes this.
  19. CCorn

CCorn Member

He will find a magic gold plates in season 2

Ziggy and Invisible Fan like this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Loki is gay? I haven’t seen any of the stuff they’ve put on Disney+ yet