1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Martin's comeout party

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by clos4life, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Yak

Yak Member

Apparently games like these are discouraging for some Rockets "fans"...

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He's one of the Martin haters floating around here.

FT shots count and go up on the scoreboard last I checked.

3. TRAVLR

TRAVLR Member

I was at the game tonight and there were a handful of shots where Kevin Martin specifically was trying to draw the foul but didn't get the call which was amazing considering the amount of fouls called. So some of that bad shooting makes sense when a handful of shots were balls thrown towards the rim after contact expecting a whistle that didn't come.

Scola drew a bunch of rebounding fouls, getting Dajuan Blair to foul out and getting to the line once martin got us in the bonus. My only complaint was two unforced TO's by Martin down the stretch in the fourth. Stepped out of bounds in the backcourt and walked on a move at the top of the key. good thing we had a huge lead, that was not very clutch.

Very excited to have been in the house when 3 rockets go for 30+.

4. MONON

MONON Member

What I really liked was Martin & Brooks shared the point duties tonight. Nowthe defence can't concentrate on just 1 ball handler.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Imagine what Martin will look like when his shot selection improves some.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hahaha. rocket fans rejoice.
    fake knicks fans shut your trap.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yes this was very exciting to me, we can see how they are going to play off each other in the future if Adelman has his way. Both can find the open man (yes Brooks CAN do it he just hasn't done it consistently because he is immature as a player!) and both can create for themselves, and both can move well without the ball to get open.

This will space the floor so much and create opportunities like we saw so much in the first half tonight.

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I dont understand bashing his FG percentage...yes, I know, it can improve, it should improve, and it will improve. However, look at the last couple games and notice his points per shot attempt. In the end, that is what is important and he is doing a hell of a job scoring despite his shot being off.

Excited about our backcourt...excited about Yao being added onto this team. Good stuff lies ahead.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he played extremely well tonight. if you're going to nitpick about the bad fg%, GTFO.

the better scorers find ways to manufacture points when their shots are off and he went to the line 14 times tonight.

hopefully his shooting wi come around.

but it's clear that brooks is our best offensive player.

10. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

What indication do you have that it will improve? He's under 40% on the year and 33% in his 3 games as a Rocket. That's pathetic for a guy who is basically a glass cannon and can't play a full 82 games or do anything besides shoot. Unlike a lot of people here, I'm not going to be up on the guy's nuts just because we traded for him. He needs to show something and so far he hasn't. He needs to shoot 45%+ just for us to break even having his horrible defense in the lineup. You don't trade the second best 4th quarter scorer in the NBA for that.

11. dingaaa

dingaaa Member

yeah thats the other choice, anything else, nup

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I love how you just ignore his whole career :rolleyes:

13. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

This is what I hoped for when Martin got traded to the Rockets. Glad to see Brooks and Martin play effectively with each other...hope it continues and that the Rockets keep getting 40 points or more from our backcourt every night.

We might not need Bosh if have Brooks-Martin-Lowry three man guard rotation, Brooks-Martin-Yao+all our role players(Lowry, Battier, Bud, Ariza, Scola, Jeffries) might be enough...it all depends on how well Yao plays when he gets back. If he's still the Yao that commands a double team and fronting attention like in the Portland series? Scola, Brooks, Martin, Budinger, and even Ariza will make the other team pay hard.

#73 LCII, Feb 27, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  14. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Hey boss, lighten up, you have the rep & the cred already.

You've been here since 1999
    You have 62K+ posts
    You have 7 green squares.

Do you really need to pat yourself on the back?

1 person likes this.
  15. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

dam. making history again. RA and the rockets. now we just gotta get Yao back and make some noise in the playoffs.

16. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

In his last 3 games he`s made:

33 points with 23 shots = 1.43 points per shot
    19 points with 14 shots = 1.35 points per shot
    13 points with 12 shots = 1.08 points per shot

So that is clearly improving. Add to that, that he is a 0.447 career shooter... I don`t know why he shouldn`t at least get back to his average, if not even above. He didn`t have a "real" injury yet, that really slows down a player or hurts his shooting touch... only smaller ones that completely heal.

He is new in town, first time he got traded, and already shows a lot of improvement. So I think you should give him a break and let him get comfortable here first. It`s not his fault that we gave up Landry for him, and in the long run (with Yao back) he fits our team much better anyway.

1 person likes this.
  17. stab

stab Member

Add Yao next year and just think, we can call them YMCA!!

Yao
    Martin
    Chase
    Aaron

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Was a great game but the struggles we had in the fourth quarter are still a concern.

Who is the guy who will be the playmaker in the 4th Q? Is it only Brooks?

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Yep. Most of us thought this would happen as soon as Brooks got over his case of Ariza-itis and actually quit ignoring Martin on offense.

We are all so awesome!

20. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

More groan-inducing, face-palming tripe from JCDenton. I guess some things you can just count on, like the sun coming up in the morning.

1 person likes this.