1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Martin for Haywood Rumor on dallasbasketball.com

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WildArkieBoy, Dec 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He makes about as much as Jeffries. Would you trade Jeffries for him?

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

LeBron James for Chase Budinger rumor on houstonbasketball.com.

The Rockets have been interested in LeBron James, and it is known that they could use help from the best basketball player in the world. It has also been reported that the Heat have said "Sure, Budinger looks like he could be ok...." Those are the two IMPORTANT pieces to our complete and utter speculative garbage of an article. Thanks for reading!

1 person likes this.
  3. da_juice

da_juice Member

Laugh all you want Haywood started over Dampier! The 2nd best center in the league.

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

OK, you have to consider that this is coming from Mike Fisher who is basically doing what he does best: blowing smoke out of his a$$. He's right about the Mavs looking to move Haywood but remember one thing: He just signed a big contract last year (5 years, $43M) and I'm not certain he's really the answer at center for a flawed team like the Rockets. The Mavs still have Jason Terry & Caron Butler and are close to getting Roddy B back so they really don't have much of a need for Martin. If anything, the Mavs would want someone like Shane Battier for his defense.

5. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Since you mentioned him. I am so glad we didn't sign Dampier to a 2 year deal. He would have been a complete waste of space. The heat are desperate for help at the center spot and after an initial warmup period ran their Dampier tryout for 5 games at plus 20 minutes per and Dampier averaged 5 rbs and less than 2 pts per game. he is now back to spot duty of about 5 minutes per game. Personally I would rather get Mutombo to come out of retirement or even Hakeem.

6. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

And his expiring contract.

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Brendan Haywood might be the best available at this stage. Still I wouldn't give up much for him. ANd the Martin in for Haywood is just a pipedream for Mavs fans. It's like us wanting Cousins for Brooks or Thabeet for a 1st round pick. All pipe dreams for the team making the suggestions. It's okay to have them but pipe dreams or like wet dreams. You are all alone when you have them.

8. HillBoy

I got a huge chuckle at all of the Dampier posts. It was obvious that nobody down there had the slightest idea just how pathetic he really was. Now if you could put Chuck Hayes' will to succeed, his drive and determination into Dampier's body THEN you'd have the center the Rockets have been looking for all these years.

9. HillBoy

Again, these are the pipe dreams of one person: Mike Fisher. I wouldn't place too much stock in anything he writes. After getting fired from several radio shows and the Mavericks home game announcer gig, he's now writing this "blog".

10. Egghead

Egghead Member

11. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

From Bill ingram's twitter

Sources close to the situation told HW today that the Mavs like Jarred Jeffries...he makes the same as Haywood...just sayin'...

12. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I don't trust him as a source but this is the tweet that made me pause...

TheRocketGuy @davidnuno I think a smarter deal is Jeffries...but they told Martin not to unpack...they don't expect to keep him long-term.

Now that Yao is gone, this actually makes sense.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bill, WE DONT WANT HAYWOOD and that contract of his. Sure they make the same but one contract expires, another runs for another 4 years after this year(?). :insert facepalm here:

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Oh no thank, mediocre Center for a 20 points a night guy..? no thanks

16. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I don't understand why the rockets would trade Kevin Martin, he's the best offensive player on the team. But I guess where there's smoke there's more smoke.

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I think Martin was acquired, understanding he would be a defensive liability, with the intention of pairing him up with Yao and obviously that will never happen now. Martin, much like Brooks, does very little else besides score and Morey knows he needs MUCH more defense to survive without a shotblocker.

I can see Martin being moved for a center but also have another deal ready to bring in his replacement, either as a starter or maybe even SF and move T-Will to the two spot. Whoever would replace him would be a two way guy and not like Martin.

18. DaneB

DaneB Member

Well if they are posting a Martin for Haywood rumor, how about we post a Dirk for Yao rumor... ;) :grin:

19. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

Dream on Mavs. :rolleyes:

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Dallas crackheads...