1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marshon Brooks? [NBA.COM Article]

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by T FOR 3!!!, Jun 11, 2011.

1. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/featur...scorers-2011-draft/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

This guy seems to be possibly the biggest sleeper in this year's Draft. He's got size(amazing wingspan), athleticism, a good stroke and seems to be able to actually dribble the ball and create his own shot... Now all of this does remind me a little of Jermaine Taylor(Going to a smaller school and all), but you can't throw out the fact that this guy scored 52 against ND this season. The highest single game points scored in the big east in 30 years.. What Do yall think?? 23rd pick maybe...

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0mq-JMf1szk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9v8W2pumHX8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

His measurements..
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Marshon-Brooks-6347/

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He won't make it to 23.

3. FartWaffles

FartWaffles Member

That, and a 2 would be a luxury pick for the Rockets. They really need to address the 3 and 5 positions, and maybe gamble on a 1 later in the draft.

4. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I hardly agree that he is a sleeper anymore. After the comparison to Kobe, I think every team in the NBA has taken a look at Brooks.

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Will he make it to 15? :)

6. valorita

valorita Member

Brooks does not have the explosiveness to be an elite prospect. If he did, he'd be a top 5 pick. I see what they mean by the similarities with Kobe (older more skilled and less athletic version). He is used to having defenses focus on him and uses skill and length to score whether there is a hand in his face or not.

To me he is like Crawford's style with Josh Howard's body.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Over a 7 foot wingspan, and a nearly 40 inch vert?

I have been hoping that they draft this guy for a while, hopefully pushing out Kevin Martin for the #2 pic...

1. Kyle Lowry
    2. Marshon Brooks
    3. Derrick Williams
    4. Patrick Patterson

Even if it means tanking for 2012, we would be going in the right direction for rebuilding...

#7 RudyTBag, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He does have a workout scheduled in Milwaukee.:(:(

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I like the way you think.;)

10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

James Harden was a consensus top five pick despite not having elite athleticism. Also see Adam Morrison.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

word is that they liked him so much they're going to bring him back again. There's a good chance Brooks won't make it to #14.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

sigh:(

13. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Draft Biyombo/Motiejunas at 14. I don't want Marcus/Markieff/Thompson/Hamilton/Singleton. We need to go big or bust, can't settle for decent talent with no star potential.
    Draft Marshon Brooks at 23.
    Buy Iman Shumpert (late first) with cash.

14. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Yeah, I finally looked into this guy. If this wasn't such a weak draft he might have slid down to us if this were the 2012 draft.

But depending on BPA, I would absolutely take a long look at drafting this guy with our later first round pick (23rd).

I agree with other posters that if he had elite athleticism he would definitely be a very high pick. His game is very mature and skilled, and he is athletic enough to have a decent transition to the NBA I think. (I only wonder about his defense against highly athletic guys at the next level, but I think he might eventually be good enough at that after a few years)

I was comparing him to alec burks and burks might actually be a little overrated. Milwaukee, and other teams that need offense/shooting badly or a SG might have a small chance of actually picking this guy up over burks, I think.

15. AFS

AFS Member

I like it. We could use Martin to get a Center or a lottery pick in next year's draft and then we'd be ready to roll.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Man, sometimes i hate it when i'm right!!:mad::mad::mad:

17. AFS

AFS Member

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jw2cgO2ujWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He seems pretty mature.

18. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Don't know if this was already posted, but found this on his NBAdraft.net profile

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PQFhRBB8LQo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

On the bright side this guy wasnt even on the radar a couple of months ago if they pick him up with their 10th pick that means that we have a better chance to draft someone that slips out of the top 6-10 sinceat that point everything shuffles.