1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marriage with extra benefits

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lady_Di, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

So I was told that Andrei Kirilenko's wife allows him to have a girl once a year when I saw the thread of Jazz partying. :eek:

Would you and your spouse have an agreement like this? What I mean by this, each spouse would have a fling once a year.

I'm starting to think that it is impossible to be with ONE person for rest of our lives when we get married. :( I think that we all change when we grow old and we are not compatible with the spouse we are with anymore. Cheating is rampant nowadays. Maybe I need to find the "One" then no more thoughts like this. :)

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

What would be the point in getting married then? I would be ok with this, but the only rule is that my wife's fling has to be a woman.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You find the right person, you don't want anyone else. If you haven't met that person, it's impossible to understand.

4. supafrumpy

supafrumpy Contributing Member

fixed.

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly.

6. bladeage

thanks ;)

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Looking to AK47 for relationship advice?? Brilliant!

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it could work. Some people just value things differently. I think you can be with one...if its really the right one. Of course you can still look :D

If/when I get married, I will assume its to someone I am absolutely crazy over, and in that case there is no way I would want somone else putting in work on my wife

9. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Some celebrities (NBA player and Russian pop star, for example) may lead such crazy, distracted lives, that they don't feel as much of a physical connection with their spouse. That makes the sex less valuable.

Then there's the fact that either of them could, because of money or fame (or both) pretty much get it on with whoever they please at any given time. Doesn't seem like such a sacred act when you think about it like that.

Anyway, I think it would be hard for the common man and woman to have a "once a year" rule without it tearing them apart eventually.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Ex. Act. Ly.

Call me old fashioned, but if you really want to have a "marriage with extra benefits" you're probably not ready to get married.

11. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

obi wan once thought as you did...

12. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Well, this story is kind of overblown. As I recall, she said it in an interview, but Andrei said he wasn't aware of it and not planning to take advantage.

What about on Curb Your Enthusiasm, I think it was Cheryl's anniversary gift, that Larry could have one time fling by a certain date. I wonder if that was based on his real life.

The thing that gets me about these agreements is that they have to tell their wives about it. I can't imagine that convo.

13. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Marriage with extra benefits = swinging. If you're a swinger, it works. :cool:

14. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

So if AK hooks up with a woman other than his wife more than once a year, is the 2nd time and above considered cheating? Would she divorce him if it happened more than the allotted one time?

That's just asinine.

15. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I’ve always thought it's very interesting how sexuality and the terms of marriage greatly differ around the world.. For me I could never deal with such open ideas..

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I don't think I'd be willing to SHARE the person I am with. If she chose me to be with her, then there must have been a reason (other than she didn't shop around enough :p )... and I had a reason to be with her as well. This "we have to see other people" crap is not for serious peeps.

You have to answer the question, too.

Overheard from a recently married guy at work:
    "I think I am definitely married now. I am no longer having any sex. :( "

17. bladeage

unless you are one of those old gross fat swingers.

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Larry David and his real life wife divorced last year, I think the latest season revolved around his onscreen wife leaving him. Guess that anniversary gift didn't work out.

I thought part of the turn on for cheating is that feeling your getting away with something, kinda takes some allure out if your spouse knows and you both have mutual agreement. Unless both are super hot and both join in.

19. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Yes. Your sex drive completely goes away when you get married and there is no way you would ever want to be with another person.

Well not really. I would probably sleep with half the women on the planet if I didn't take an oath that I meant to keep. An oath would be meaningless if you if you were all of the sudden stopped being attracted to other women.

I love my wife and all but let's be realistic.

And to the wives and future wives out there: Please don't ever hold your husband to the idea of never wanting sex with another women or being attracted to other women. It's just dumb. Appreciate the he likes a lot of women but dedicates himself to you.

20. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

No. Not happening.

I hope you don't get married any time soon or at least not until you have matured a little more than this. There is such a thing as a commitment, you know. And I know about this because I had terrible thoughts back in October of '06 of pulling the plug on my marriage. But I didn't it because I love my wife and she loves me plus we made a commitment to each other. It's not like some toy you get tired of playing with - it's more serious and deeper than that.