1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marriage: How Old?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Pete Chilcutt, Nov 8, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rage

rage Member

Russian women, heh?
    You might want to make sure they don't want you for something else they can't get there : US citizenship.

2. verti89

verti89 Member

I was 19 she had recently turned 21...been married just over 6 years now and have a 6 month old baby. doin great.

getting married that young isnt for everyone but we were mature enough for it and did it for the right reasons, etc. we finished college and are doin pretty good.

3. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

This may come as a surprise to you, but not everyone wants to live in the USA anymore. This isn't the 80's. The girl I was dating, from Moscow said she would never move away from Moscow, that was her home and she likes it there...

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is just pure speculation on my part but she was probably overcompensating.

5. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

There's plenty to discuss, such as the perception we don't want to "grow up" or "settle down," both of which are arbitrary terms and entirely subjective.

Also up for discussion is whether or not we are a "good catch." One of my instructors said to me that younger women should date older men because then they won't have to raise us. That made me laugh, but there's a lot of truth to that. Also of note is that there are PLENTY of 20-something women that like the idea of an older man 1) for the obvious increase in maturity mentioned above and 2) an element of security, be it financial or otherwise. So the guys gets the younger babe while she gets the emotional and financial security that comes with an older guy.

It sounds shallow on the surface, but when you think about what attracts one person to another it's actually very easy to describe the whole process as a shallow one. I don't really see things like that as there are many more factors that determine a relationship on any level and I prefer to focus on those, but I'm not going to knock a chick who likes those things just as I'd rather someone not knock me because I like hot chicks. Initial attraction is exactly that: initial.

In my opinion, it can work out quite well.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

You missed the question I asked earlier to you - where is the link of Fatty insulting Batman Jones' girlfriend?

7. joesr

joesr Member

25 I think. 2 boys later, horrible economy and still going. Shoot if it wasn't for the economy I would be shooting for a girl :(

Although this economy has brought out the biggest argument regarding money.

In fact the worst we talked or yelled about was lets split up, then moments later we both cry and say sorry! But wheres my make up secks dammit!