1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marriage: How Old?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Pete Chilcutt, Nov 8, 2009.

Tags:
  1. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i think this is a case by case situation. i agree that waiting is the prudent and safer route but everyone is different.

me:32she:29+3kids+9years=today

2. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

25. I had lived with my wife for 5 years prior.

EDIT: wife was 23. 12 years married.

#62 oomp, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

4 pitchers huh? Damn. Your old lady can keep up!

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I got married at 22, she was 21. We've been married for just over a year. We certainly rushed things, but I can't complain. It has been a good year.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I was 31 and she was 23. :D

Five years and still going strong.

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I was 22, she was 21. We were divorced less than 5 years later. We were WAY TOO YOUNG.

I'm 30 now and getting married again soon. Looking back on it I seriously don't know wtf I was thinking getting married that young. I was an idiot.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

There's a lot to be said for sowing your oats before you get married. More important for guys than women since women are preparing for marriage since the time they understand the concept.

8. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

practice, practice, practice!

(me/her)
    18/18
    25/25
    35/45
    50/48

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The grass often looks greener on the other side and many studies have shown that married people have more sex than unmarried. And I'm saying that as a guy who is single.

Sex is obviously very important but I think if you are getting married or staying single just because of sex that is probably the wrong reason.

10. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Forgot to add mine.
    Me 24. Her 27. 13 years now.

11. tested911

tested911 Member

WTF? you got married when you were 11?

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

no...he's 37 now.

math can be fun. but subtraction is addition's tricky friend. ;)

13. tested911

tested911 Member

LOL I got owned ...

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

no..i'm just kidding. i'm a lawyer because i suck at math. :) i'm the last person in the world entitled to dish out math smack.

15. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey me too. Very glad I waited. Anytime after 32 probably would have been fine.

16. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'm 25, she's 22 ... been dating for 2 years next month.

The time is coming, but I think we both know that we're not quite ready (mainly financially) yet. She just graduated and has been looking for a job for a few months, and I'm just a year into my first "real world" job. We're expecting to have to pay for a large portion of the wedding/honeymoon, so unless we want to elope and go to Galveston for a weekend then we are waiting.

Other than that we're both ready for the most part and there are no doubts that we are right for each other.

My advice to guys that think they have to find some in college is... no, you don't. I was single for the majority of my 4 years, and as time went on I liked it more and more that way- mainly from seeing friends in relationships. If you absolutely meet the right person, great...but I think a lot of college age relationships are kind of forced because everyone thinks they have to be with someone and be ready to get married out of college. I met someone 6 months after graduating and moving back home, so it couldn't have worked out better. Even if I was single now, I'd still have no regrets about not trying harder to "find someone" in college.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm surprised to see so many here married young. I was expecting to see late 20s much more.

I married at 23. 11th anniversary coming next month. Being too young was never an issue. I guess if you are mature, like I am, youth doesn't matter. :cool:

18. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

I married my high school sweetheart. We dated for 3 years, were engaged for 2 and got married when we were 21. We've now been happily married for 11.5 years.

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Weren't you getting back with your ex and remarrying her or are you going to marry someone else? Not to sound nosy, I just remember how wild that was when you told us that you had divorced her but you started dating her like a year later.

20. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I was 32 and close to 11 months, so almost 33 when I got married while my wife was 28 and 10 months. We have been married now for 3 and a half years and have added a son to go along with our daughter. It certainly has been the hardest thing I have ever done but I believe that when you marry someone and love someone, you do everything you can to make it work even when sometimes it doesn't seem possible.