1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marriage: How Old?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Pete Chilcutt, Nov 8, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tested911

tested911 Member

You know I'm not sure if I did.. I started clubbing when I was 15 (Had a hardship license by luck) and had the connections to go clubs that was well carded and only for 21 and up.. Became a DJ and did a lot of clubs, met a lot of cool people not mention a lot of HOT chicks... But since I was young I knew I always wanted to have family (Just never thought that YOUNG)...

You know the story get your high school sweetheart knocked up and what are you going to do.. Me I wanted to take care of my responsibilities and I knew whole heartily this girl was the one I was going to marry anyways.. In total we have been together for 15 years... YES Half my life. She still is frigin HOT and we have if 5 kids (Yes another eye opener) But that's what you get when you marry a personal trainer ;) ... Would have I changed anything? The only thing I would change is probably never quitting my DJ career (Best JOB hands down), if anything I should of continued it doing it on the side.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

26...met in college and dated for about 3 1/2 years.

3. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

I started dating my wife when I was 26 and married her when I was 29. We're coming up on our 8th anniversary, and I'm very glad I'm married to such an awesome woman.

4. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I'm going to say if he's been married for 12 years, 5 kids, and still going strong.... he didn't miss out on much. Others here have probably tagged 100+ chicks but have either been divorced multiple times or are still bachelors with a host of of STDs that run the alphabet.
    I'll take his situation over the others.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well I'm 40 and not married. Came close a couple of times, to two different women, but haven't regretted not doing it. I always knew that I wouldn't get married and in my 20's had decided not to consider it until I was at least 37.

At this point I'm ambivalent about getting married. I'm not avoiding it but not looking for it and if things work out and it happens that will be great but at the moment I don't think my life will be failure if I don't.

6. hoannggg

hoannggg Member

24 and still havent met a girl i want to be with :(
    i think i have a problem, too independent.

7. MONON

MONON Member

My wife & I met our freshman year of college. I was 18 & she was 17. She had to quit school & get a job at the end of that year. That summer we became engaged, but didn't set a date. After my soph year, I joined the Air Force(I had lost my draft deferment) & we got married at the age of 20. We are still happily married & have 2 boys who are as old or older than most of y'all.

Did we get married too early...Probably. Did we make mistakes...yep. Would I change anything...nope! We both came from small town sheltered enviroments & basically matured together. We had to work together to get thru our tough times. It was definately worth it.

8. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Stereotyping people assuming you know what's best for everyone is ridiculous... and making judgements on people based on those assumptions is asinine. Doesn't mean there can't be any truth to what you're saying, it's just a pigheaded way to look at others.

You may not like this, but it's the truth. And it's best served objectively.

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I find your theories very interesting, Ronny. How may I subscribe to your newsletter?

10. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

34 in two weeks.

Never married; no kids.

Not avoiding it but not looking for it.

I have too much stuff I want to do in life before I could imagine marriage or kids.

11. astros148

astros148 Member

But what are you going to be lookin foward to when you get older? Its hard to find an attractive women when you're 40+ whos doesnt have a baggage

12. YugoRocketsFan

Not maried but my agetog et married is 28 and to have kids is 30

13. Chamillionaire

got married when i was 28 and she was 26. had a kid thereafter.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

in times of antiquity, man had to first marry woman in order to be able to bed her......but nowadays, it's like not necessary :confused:

15. Chamillionaire

if i had to do it again, i would probably have waited another 5 years to get married, i come across a lot of beautiful women almost on a daily basis, and i know if i wasn't married with a kid (which i'm very grateful for), i'd probably be having casual sex with numerous numbers of women, and i love the chase, i'm actually addicted to the chase... but now that i'm married, life's kinda gotten dull.

16. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Married at 29, although we'd been together since I was 21 (now 39).

17. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Started dating my wife at 23, married at 25, been married four years now and had a kid in the meantime. She's about 5 years older than me. It's worked out pretty good so far, but I honestly think I could have been married straight out of college and not really regretted it. I was pretty mature for my age.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's largely true but at the sametime there are plenty of women who already have baggage in their 20's also. When I was 24 I dated a 25 year old woman who was going through a divorce.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I was 37 and she was 34.

I was very lucky to find a chick with no baggage (mental or physical) whatsoever. We talked about what we wanted out of a relationship on our very first date (the 4 pitchers of beer help loosen us up...).

Personally, I can't imagine getting married in my 20's. I never would've made it. There's no way in hell we could've made it through the **** we've been through this year if we were in our 20's.

But everyone is different. I know people who were married in their early 20's who are still going strong 20 years later and couldn't be happier. And I also know a guy who just got married at 35 and isn't even close to being mature enough to handle it.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i was 23