1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Markieff Morris: "I don't give a ****. I am not gonna be there at all"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 11, 2015.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Meh, an upgrade over T.Jones but not Dmo.

Doesn't seem like a guy that would enjoy coming off the bench.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What an unselfish guy who is always willing to take one for the team! No wonder he's upset when the team doesn't return his loyalty!

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The &quot;Markieff Morris for Eryan Ilyasova plus one Detroit/Phoenix 1st round pick swap in 2016 or 2017&quot; trade is so damned inevitable.</p>&mdash; Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/631557391528493056">August 12, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

You want him? It's like the DD curse v2.0! I feel sorry for his career already. ;)

This from the guy pushing to trade JHarden (the players MVP) for KLove (couldn't carry Minnesota into the playoffs).

Will Markief Morris be the new 2Pat? Irrational love for a mediocre PF that does nothing very well and has been in mediocre teams most of his career? Will this be like the time you were upset we traded 2Pat for a guy that helped us land Dwight Howard?

Oh well, I guess time will tell.

5. Carl Herrera

KLove's team went to the NBA Finals. Player MVP didn't.

6. SunsRocketsfan

the morris twins are such losers/clowns.. cant believe we passed on kawhi

7. Ohreally

Ohreally Contributing Member

You mean Lebrons team? :confused:

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

I remember him sitting on the bench after the first round hurt while the players MVP was in the West finals losing to the eventual NBA champ. And unlike Harden, it was his first time in the playoffs whereas the players MVP has never missed the playoffs.

Plus come on, he was the third wheel in a team lead by Lebron and Kyrie. He couldn't even become second banana. Not to say he is not a great player but trading JHarden for him? Says a lot about how irrationally attached you get to mediocre/average players.

9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

The techs this guy gets really piss me off. He talks **** like he's a superstar.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Some mad scientist needs to study the psycho-genetics of these bros.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

gotta agree with that...

As much as I wanna just rag on the twins... that fo is clueless... shuffling players for no good reason...failing to retain talent...

12. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

Ooh he got the foams

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Well he does want to play for Houston:

This is going to get ugly. Real ugly. Markieff Morris, as I reported last week, wants out. He is demanding the Suns trade him now, vowing to never play another game for the Phoenix organization.

He feels disrespected, says the Suns management never called him or his brother after the trade of Marcus Morris to Detroit. He is unhappy the Suns were willing to trade him to Portland for LaMarcus Aldridge, unhappy that they wanted to replace him. He believes he took a below-market deal in order to play with his brother long-term.

And now he is prepared to do whatever it takes to force Phoenix to deal him. He likes Houston because of James Harden and Toronto because of Kyle Lowry, but he honestly doesn’t care where he gets dealt as long as he is not wearing a Suns uniform.

He is going to tell the Suns he can’t play for them, has too much hatred and animosity built up and that they won’t want him around.

Markieff is not calling back teammates and plans to be very standoffish when he reports to camp. He does not plan on arriving until he absolutely has to, so no pickup games with the boys before camp starts. He is expected to make a circus of media day.

He has told those close to him he can never be happy in Phoenix. That he won’t say a word to any of the Suns’ upper management and will have one word answers for Coach Hornacek. He will keep things short and simple.

http://arizonasports.com/2015/08/12/markieff-morris-situation-is-going-to-get-real-ugly-for-phoenix-suns/

14. Carl Herrera

Morey came on 790 radio and says the roster is pretty much all set and noted that TJones is with Dwight and Harden in Vegas for the Olympics program. This means he's lying and pursuing Markieff Morris while pumping up TJones' value.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Keef has to be patient until Dec if he wants to play in Houston.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

When I was in high school, I religiously followed the Stephen Jackson trade rumors coming out of GSW. This reminds me a little bit of that. A player who's pretty average, on a middling and mediocre team, making demands about where he wants to go. This should be a fun ride.