1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark sanchez extended [HUH?]

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by TheChosenOne, Mar 10, 2012.

1. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/newyork/conversa...-mark-sanchez-deal-end-pursuit-peyton-manning

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

sanchez is a pretty boy star in new york who is a servicable qb. his star appeal (it helps he's hispanic because there aren't many in the nfl) gives him a premium. i wouldn't do it but i understand. hopefully he gets better, but his team isn't all that either.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is dumb beyond belief. I can only imagine how much Jets fans will lather up about this.

5. plates300

plates300 Member

yep. I'd be pissed if I was a Jets fan. Let him finish his contract and go from there. He hasn't shown any good progression over the last three years. No way you give him that kind of extension.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

For being this dumb, they deserve all of the future troubles they're going to have with Sanchez as their starting QB.

7. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I have yet to hear a good reason for why they did this. If they had extended him at the end of an existing contract, I would at least understand that they had to make a decision one way or the other. But he had two years left on his deal. There was literally no reason to extend him at that point in time.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is what makes extending Sanchez such an insane move. The Jets need to put pressure on him to improve and shake him from his comfort zone. Being comfortable doesn't motivate the guy.

Next summer is when they should have extended (or not).

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

this is great news...for the Texans!

10. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Its hush money for not coming out of the closet with his lover Scotty McKnight.

Seriously folks. That whole Sanchez slaying girls and dating Upton is just the PR machine trying to quiet the gay rumors.

Not that there's anything wrong with being gay.

[​IMG]

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

According to ESPN, because Sanchez has such a weak standing in the lockerroom, the Jets felt it necessary to lock him up long term to let everyone know he would be the starting QB for at least 2 more years.

I don't know what to say. It sounds like Sanchez is benefiting from the fact teammates think he's coddled and burped like a baby (by the team). In other words, his sorry leadership ability helped him get the extension.

Same old Jets! Some things never change.

12. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Thats some ass-backwards logic if i ever heard it.

13. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

:D it's so stupid. his problem in the locker room is that the other Jets feel the FO overprotects him. So their solution for that is to give him even more money!

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I think this extension, is just a way to say: "Im sorry" from the Jets to Mark Sanchez for talking about bringing Peyton to be the starting QB.

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

they made a good point on first take this morning. the jets openingly courted manning so the probably made this move to assure everyone that he is sitll their guy. not the best reason but a reason

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

So the Jets made a mistake and then made another one to smooth over the first one.

Like I said: Same old Jets!

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is what I was thinking
    but
    this signing make me think .. . .
    Ryan must feel very confident in his job security

Rocket River

19. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

agreed, wtf were they thinking..until he gains respect in the locker room and proves it on the field, they're DOOOMED!!!

20. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member