1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark Price, Morey's Favorite Player

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, May 13, 2014.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/laurapricey">@laurapricey</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/bobcats">@bobcats</a> I grew up near Medina, Mark is easily my favorite player, he was the only one who have us a chance against the Bulls</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/448600939789058048">March 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I came across this piece on Mark Price and thought it might be an interesting read. Maybe learning about Morey's favorite player will give us a tad bit more insight into his tendencies and thought process.

http://www.cavstheblog.com/?p=25232

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I noticed Twitter is so cheap that it can't even locate the city in Serbia Daryl is in.

3. Relentless

Relentless Member

Is this really thread worthy?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Price is easily one of the Alltime greats but there has to be a better choice than him.

5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Price is a three years younger than me and lived in my hometown for a few while his dad was coaching. Played ball with him after school and while he was a freshman and little, that dude could play. Really annoying going against him. Kind of amazed at the success he had at GA Tech (Hey, that guy on TV is MarkPrice!). But after watching him there, I knew he would be a very good NBA player. Underrated in many respects.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We need shooters. Get er done, Maury.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Serious question: Should we consider bringing him in as an assistant HC? He has had some success with the Hawks, Rondo in Boston and the Bobcats. I feel like Lin could benefit greatly.

8. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Always liked his brother too when he played here. Too bad his career was ended by his terrible knees.

9. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I remember Brent Price hitting a weird three where he shot it with his body almost horizontal. Then he blew out his knee sometime after that.

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why does one's favorite all time player have to fit a specific criteria? Mike Newlin is at the top of my list of favorite Rockets. A player doesn't have to be Hakeem to qualify as a favorite.

1 person likes this.
  11. redglare92

redglare92 Member

He's one of my favorites too. Great pure shooter with flawless mechanics.

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I grew up a Cavs fan and one my most treasured purchases as a little kid was a Brad Daugherty and Mark Price rookie card. So yeah, I'm a huge Price fan.

I didn't realize until recently that besides being a Rockets fan by default, he's a Cleveland sports fan and avid table tennis player. A strange combination that I also share, and because of the latter we actually have a mutual friend and another mutual acquaintance.