1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark Jackson joining Stockton and Magic.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by pgabriel, Jan 9, 2003.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Can you believe Mark Jackson joined John Stockton and Magic as the only three players with 10,000 assists? Is this guy a Hall of Famer?

2. PhiSlammaJamma

I'd say those are some pretty good credentials. However, I believe that only those players who made some kind of an impact should make the Hall of Fame. In my opinion he was a fine player, but he didn't make an impact. But If the players think he deserves to be in then he should be. It's their Hall of Fame. And they know best who was a playa and who wasn't.

3. drapg

drapg Member

I don't think he's a Hall-of-Famer. He had one outstanding rookie year with New York, followed by many good seasons sprinkled throughout his career. The guy has moved 8 different times, playing for several teams thoughout his career. Obviously there had to be a reason teams kept dumping him... something that doesn't happen to Hall-of-Fame caliber players.

4. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Well he did make the Finals....

I don't know, but his career seemed pretty blah for me. Only when he was on the Pacers did he make an impression, but in those final days, I bet even loyal Pacer fans were calling for his neck.