1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark Deeks: Houston trying to dump Jeremy Lin, prioritize salary over basketball assets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 27, 2013.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm not sure beverley is ready to start yet though, in which case we would still need to acquire a starting PG. i'd also be leery about starting parsons against about 1/2 the PF's in the league over the course of the season. he can play there for stretches a la bob horry, but he would just wear down in the paint over time with the lack of bulk/strength/pants sand

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

I think Morey believes that Beverley is ready to start. He called Beverley the best surprise of the season for the team. And if the Rockets are indeed exploring trading Lin, it's most likely based on the premise that Beverley is ready to start and the hole left behind by Lin's departure will just be 10-15 mpg in backup PG minutes-- which would be a smaller hole to fill than 30+ mpg of starting PF.

3. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

Not sure if Bulls really want to pay 8.3M (10M in salary) for a backup pg to Rose, unless they feel Rose still not ready after the surgery (I heard that he is 100%). They may probably try to re-sign Nate. Not many teams will pay Nate big money although he played well in the playoffs.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i loved beverley's effort in the playoffs (although he did have a disappointing game 6)

before becoming a full-time starter i think he would benefit from another year as a backup -- learning how to run a team, and the nuances of how/when to create off the dribble. the offense seemed to stagnate at times with him as QB

5. Karolik

Karolik Member

If they move Lin it will be because they are getting the best value out of all the trades possible. Thats how Morey works.

6. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

exactly what i was thinking. You can't be forgetting most of asia loves watching harden and loves dwight also, parsons has got some love im sure after this season. They wouldn't miss him too much if they love basketball.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Would love to have Deng, of course, but he plays the same position that Parsons does. Sure, both are swing men, but how would it address the 4 spot?

8. larsv8

larsv8 Member

I think the consensus is that having an allstar caliber wing play at the 4 spot alongside Parsons/Harden, for one year (Deng is expiring) is better than rolling out a Dmo/Jones or whomever.

The Heat played that lineup alot, as did the SSOL Suns and the Magic. All were pretty good teams.

1 person likes this.
  9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Beginning tomorrow, HOU is allowed to trade for this guy:

[​IMG]

10. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Obviously you don't know China, to make a statment like this.

11. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Statements like this are made by the same people who said Jeremy has lots of "Chinese idiot fans" who know nothing about basketball.

Yup.

12. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Sources: Confident in their pursuit of Dwight Howard, Rockets make Asik, Lin available in trade talks. <a href="http://t.co/efPZ5GhmYe">http://t.co/efPZ5GhmYe</a></p>&mdash; Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/statuses/351503381057122304">July 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

we already had a chinese fan that post on here to confirm china likes Jeremy but there's not a cult following him. They root for the Rockets.

14. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Another gross generalization.
    I am not from china, but i have worked and been there. Just look at how hollywood has bent itself for them.

15. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Gotta give props to Mark Deeks. At first I was skeptical but when he made his post I really believed he was telling the truth and the Ken Berger tweet confirms this.

16. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

"Rival teams say the Rockets are making Lin available, as well, though they'd have to get a starting point guard in return."

17. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

It's very different from "just tying to dump Jeremy Lin" as Deeks suggested.

18. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

*trying

19. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

There are differences from Ken Berger article to Deeks tweets.
    1 Dwight comes in , Asik is gone.
    2 Now who is going to trade their starting PG for Lin?

20. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

And if the Rockets want a starting point guard in return it means the Rockets do not "think Beverley is better than Jeremy" as Deeks suggested.