1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark Deeks: Houston trying to dump Jeremy Lin, prioritize salary over basketball assets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

24 pages in a day based off a tweet..

Just because its about Jeremy Lin.

:p

2. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Voted the most popular player on Clutchfans for no reason.:grin:

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

This man, Sham, runs the website that the best posters on this BBS get their salary info from, and a bunch of n00bs are sitting here bashing him? Maybe your join date shows your bias.

2 people like this.
  4. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Clutch should appoint a team of mods to blast fools over stuff like this... it gets old.

Bashing people in complete ignorance.

5. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

I didn't see much bashing, people just asked him to clarify what he said in the tweets that caused a lot of confusions last night.

6. megastahr

clutch just took to twitter defending him.... :rolleyes: ... hopefully this shuts people up.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Great response. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/Zepp1978">@Zepp1978</a>: Here is <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkDeeksNBA">@markdeeksnba</a> replying on <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans">@clutchfans</a> to criticism over Lin report: <a href="http://t.co/coPfp92jNK">http://t.co/coPfp92jNK</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Rockets&amp;src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/350629847527211010">June 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. CertifiedTroll

MARK DEEKS YOU ENTERED THE BULL PIN MOTHER TRUCKER!

8. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

haha...if that was in sarcasm....good one. If you were serious...oh the irony. Bashing people in complete ignorance. Kinda like what some people do to Lin...and every player on the rockets every season. Just like all the other sports forums of other teams. That being said, everyone knows you move everyone but Harden, and this guy wouldnt post something like that if he didn't have some kind of reputation. Hes posting about something legitimate, and isnt backing down. Props.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Doc Rocket gets hated on because he posts as if he were a 15 year old, WoW player hopped up on Mountain Dew instead of an actual human being. Now I'm guilty of the same on occasion but that's because I'm immature, not because I have some sort of complex.

10. rocketblood713

I don't have a problem with Sham or Marks tweet about Lin soo whatever as long as my Rockets team is making moves to get better ...the only people that a problem with this is Lins fans im guessing lol

11. basketballholic

Mark,

Did your source for this tweet or some other source tell you that the Rockets said Beverley was better?

12. megastahr

well I was talking about the people bashing deeks... I am actually a big lin supporter.

but if its true its true...and I can see them moving lin.

If you can get the best bang for your buck for lin and you believe in T-rob you move what makes the team better.

so in away you were right and wrong about why i wrote that lol :grin:

13. megastahr

haha...thats why I think it is matt bullard!!! lol

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Sham, many of those with 2012 or 2013 join dates should be ignored. Not all, but many.

15. rocketblood713

that's would be FUNNY as hell !

16. Faithful123

Faithful123 Member

Totally agree. This Mark guy used Lin's name to spread this rumor the whole day. Even f it's true, he sucked himself and deserved to be criticized for it. Learn some lesson.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

While I like both players, if it's a choice between Lin or Asik, for the $8.3M in cap space, I would keep Asik. He is much more valuable and irreplaceable on the court than Lin. Not to mention, if Dwight wants to play next to Asik, you let him.

PS-Sham/Mark pretty classy to come on here and clarify. Use your ignore function wisely. It gets pretty evident pretty quickly who needs to be ignored.

1 person likes this.
  18. Faithful123

Faithful123 Member

To make you unhappy, I'll stay here forever. Got it. Maybe you should leave.

19. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

The owner of Clutchfans just complimented him and suggested we all spread reputation points to him. "Learn some lesson."

I'll re-post what Carl had to say about him last night, just so everyone is sure to see it.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=8043962#post8043962

1 person likes this.
  20. conquistador#11

I totally believe that another team source would send a random received call about lin to a specific blogger who did not inquire about it. Can't we all remember that time when a gm told us that yao would never play another game. didn't the source send his info to "the dreamshake" blog? no? that's not how it happened? =/

you'd be a fool to believe that lin isn't available for a trade. everyone is available when you're in the position to get a future hall of famer.

My problem with the tweet is why wasn't there more 'inside info' about the other gazillion trades that took place last night. I'm sure the trusted source must have gotten other calls than from daryl. The tweet was calculated, and lin being the polarizing figure he is was part of the equation. cleverly done though.