1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Mark Cuban Embarrassing Skip Bayless

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SevenMinuteAbs, Dec 2, 2013.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

Isn't this contradictory? Wouldn't fans of McHale's coaching inherently believe in the usefulness of coaching?

2. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

We will have to agree to disagree here. I will take a great coach over any great player. Of course I won't take D'Antoni over MJ or LeBron, but Popovich? Definitely. I'm not winning anything with D'Antoni. I might not win anything with Pop sans MJ/LBJ, but I have a better chance for sure.

You are trying to downgrade coach's importance by comparing their salary to the salary of his players, which is a bit silly. DRose will of course make more money than Thibodeau because he is the face of the franchise and media hyped person. But would Bulls be better if you switched Thibs with Brad Stevens or DRose with Steve Blake?

You are saying scientists have to push the boundaries of their intelligence in order to do their work, but the whole team of scientists still make a tiny fraction of salary compared to their bosses in, for example, pharmaceutical industry. That basically means anyone can do scientists' work, but their boss' management and economy skills are irreplaceable?

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

no counselor, i said fans of mchale. you said fans of mchale's coaching.

very few (if anyone?) here believes mchale is great at coaching. most cite that he is a HOF player with 3 rings and a likeable guy. plus he loves hunting. so he just fits. and he gets along so well with morey. what more could we want?

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

Rockets fans drink McHale's history as a Celtics player? The same guy who helped beat the Rockets in the 86 finals? There may be some fans here who drink koolaid, but you must be on something a lot stronger.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

counselor, do you prefer grape flavor or tropical punch? :grin: