1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mario Williams having a difficult time post Houston Career

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by sugrlndkid, May 20, 2013.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9295395/mario-williams-buffalo-bills-denies-contemplating-suicide

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills defensive end Mario Williams denies ever contemplating suicide, and says private comments he made in text messages are being taken out of context by his ex-fiancée in a lawsuit over the possession of a $785,000 diamond engagement ring.

Calling himself "completely fine," Williams says he was "venting" his feelings to someone he thought he trusted.

Williams spoke after practice Monday, in his first chance to respond since Erin Marzouki's attorney released a series of texts the two exchanged in November. The texts portray Williams as being despondent over their breakup.

In one text, Williams writes: "No money in the world should leave me with suicidal thoughts."

Williams says he wrote that out of anger. He adds the decision to release the texts reveal Marzouki's true character.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Man he was at peace here in Houston compared to being tortured in Buffalo...All the money in the world really cant buy happiness...and this statement must bear so much meaning for Williams...That Ex is ruining him...Im starting to wonder if that skank had any decision on influencing Mario to go for more money...;(

Wish him the best

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

I was literally going to post this ESPN link, titling the thread "Mario Williams is having a rough few days" lol

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Buffalo is sad place to live. Sure, Toronto is nearby but he isn't gonna drive there so it's a moot point.

A little extra money can't buy happiness. Pay attention, Dwight. :grin:

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

His ex fiancé would have taken half. The Texans would have kept him for half of what he got paid. Mario got the best option regarding money

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Well he got a LOT of extra money.

7. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

I've actually known her since elementary school. She's far from a skank. Dude dumped her 5 times, kept crawling back, and after the last time she didn't take him back he takes her to court and puts this in the public for the engagment ring... an engagement he broke off 5 freakin times.

8. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

an engagement ring is a gift. If you ask for it back, you are a douche - sorry.

9. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

Mario is a loser.

10. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

I can see asking for it back in certain circumstances. If she broke it off with him she gets to walk away with a 700K+ ring. F that! I would want it back as well. Now if Mario got caught hitting some dirty leg, too bad so sad. Just my opinion.

11. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I believe Mario when he said that he wasn't really having suicidal thoughts, but that doesn't make it any better.

"No money in the world should leave me with suicidal thoughts" seems like something you say when you are desperately looking for attention and pity.

It's no better than all those people you know on Facebook that post statuses along the lines of "the world as I know it is falling apart around me" or "I'm heartbroken" or "I'm so confused...." just so that people will give them attention by commenting on their status.

12. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I don't think he wants it back, it's his way of hurting her. It's hardly about the money.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Yeah, if she sent that 700k ring to Cash for Gold she would get about 10 grand -- Mario probably bought that ring from Paul Wall Inc.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Whatever... All I know is she has a great ass in person.

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It is, but I wonder if one can spin a verbal contract argument on the basis of the implied agreement to marry.

16. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c7B6X4T-HZI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The ring was a gift Mario, I'm taking it with me.

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Engagement rings are kinda stupid.

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1) stupid to spend that much
    2) douchey to ask for it back
    3) stupid for her not to just give it back and be done with him.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Only if the people who give/receive them are stupid.

20. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He's going to be one of those players we talk about in 10 years as someone who squandered all their money and is broke. What do we call those guys again? Vince Youngs?!?! :cool: