1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mario Hezonja: Possible offseason signing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Dec 18, 2017.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not so fast. There have been dumber and more selfish players under Morey, that on its own does not rule him out. Morey covets 1st rounders, especially lottery picks, that have busted in other systems. This is known.

Hezonja has improved his body language and has bought in to the new unselfish culture in Orlando, swing it to the open man. He is still a lights out 3 point shooter when he has time to set. More athletic than the typical Euro and plays with a nasty streak. Still only 22, athletic, versatile, long and can hit the 3ball sounds like a Moreyball player to me. These are the kind if deals that Morey lives to make.

He would give up a Troy Williams and/or a 2nd or two if the opportunity to strike gold exists.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Damn, @justtxyank, that was too easy. Fish in a barrel easy. Candy from a baby easy.

justtxyank likes this.
  3. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Athletic? He has plumlee/lonzo "athleticism" which is good vertical, good straight line speed, but shitty latteral quickness which limits his 1v1 scoring and his defense in general.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If you can get him for cheap, why not? Not like any of the 11th-15th player on the squad is ready to contribute anyway.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

But he can run and play above the rim. His length makes up for some of his lateral agility limitations. Never said he was an eraser on D.

6. j@amc

j@amc Member

Nope. Hezonja has super athleticism for a young player.

Yes, his career is off to a slow, slow start, but I wouldn’t sleep on him. Not sure what has been holding him back. He hasn’t been a great teammate though. Once he plays with confidence, he’s very explosive as a 2 way player. Think Peja but able to defend at or above the rim.

Hezonja for Troy + a second would be a steal of an investment. My guess is that Orlando wants a 1st rounder which is too rich.

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If we can't get LeBron I could see Mario Hezonja being our second choice.

8. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Troy Williams can't even crack D'Antoni's lineup, what good would adding another guy to the roster? Another bench warmer to chat with Zhou Qi?

I say give Troy Williams playing time first.

9. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

I consider him a lottery ticket. A 6'8" wing man that can shoot and run and jump....why not if you can get him with Troy, nanu and a 2nd.....