1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Marilyn Manson getting canceled...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Feb 1, 2021.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, that's a pretty cool share!

Also, I'm glad Reznor isn't like Manson, since I actually like NIN.

mikol13 likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I never cared much for Manson except their Willy Wonka video and song. Other than that it all seemed really superficial compared to other music in the same genre or type.

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, very similar here. I mean other than a few tracks that were released (that I can honestly forget about) I never really cared that much either. I honestly can't think of the songs even atm, but they weren't really even his bigger/popular songs.

I do recall one - the Gardener - I liked the bass guitar in it at the time but it gets repetitive fast, especially playing it.

4. TimDuncanDonaut

What about those with pointy elbows?

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Elbows, fine.

Big ears, no thanks.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  6. Xerobull

Completely missed this post. Awesome story.

Reznor always seemed like sort of a good dude who was about the music from every interview I ever read with him.

You're saying Billy Corgan was in on the ******* MM train?

See, @CCorn ! I tol you Silversun Pickups was better.

Anyway, please tell us more, @mikol13

7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i believe reznor here...

you never know what people are really like, but he's always come off to me as a work-aholic type who lives in his studio and is really into his music. 30+ years as a famous musican and i dont recall ever hearing a scandal or anything sketchy about him.

https://pitchfork.com/news/trent-reznor-denounces-marilyn-manson-in-new-statement/

Trent Reznor has issued a new statement regarding his former friend and collaborator Marilyn Manson. The statement, shared with Pitchfork, comes days after Manson’s former partner Evan Rachel Wood alleged that the musician groomed and abused her during their relationship.

Reznor’s statement addresses an anecdote involving Reznor that Manson included in his 1998 autobiography The Long Hard Road Out of Hell. In the story, which has recently resurfaced, Manson recounts a horrific scene in which he and Reznor allegedly physically and sexually assaulted an inebriated woman in the 1990s.

Trent Reznor’s statement reads:

I have been vocal over the years about my dislike of Manson as a person and cut ties with him nearly 25 years ago. As I said at the time, the passage from Manson’s memoir is a complete fabrication. I was infuriated and offended back when it came out and remain so today.

Screenshots of passages from The Long Hard Road Out of Hell began to circulate on Twitter after Wood and multiple other women came forward with allegations that Manson abused them. The book—co-authored with Neil Strauss—includes stories about Reznor, who signed Manson to his Nothing Records imprint and produced his band’s 1994 debut album Portrait of an American Family.

The passage in question was allegedly part of an unpublished interview with the now-defunct Empyrean Magazine, originally intended to run in the magazine in 1995, but never printed due to “content objections on the part of Empyrean’s publisher, Centaur Enterprises, which believed that the magazine had followed unethical interview procedures in order to extract information from Mr. Manson,” according to Manson and Strauss’ book.

When Manson was asked by the Empyrean interviewer how he ended up working with Reznor, he told the aforementioned story. According to the book, this took place the night before Reznor told Manson that he wanted to sign him to Nothing Records.

Reznor, who also worked on 1996’s Antichrist Superstar, said of Manson to Mojo in 2009: “He is a malicious guy and will step on anybody’s face to succeed and cross any line of decency. Seeing him now, drugs and alcohol now rule his life and he’s become a dopey clown.”

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Reznor denounced him wayyyy before this saying he was a shitty and stupid human being that got dumber with drugs

Btw to the people bringing up the age thing, girls go for older guys and gold diggers are a thing. We don’t have use Manson being a well documented pos to think that every 40 year old with a. 20 year old girl is taking advantage of her etc. it’s usually the other way around

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I never read this, but exactly this!! Quick story for @Xerobull with no real details.

Reznor was really digging this girl and feeling like he could possibly love her. He was so into her. Manson and Corgan just to mess with Reznor both worked on her for a while making up all kinds of things about Trent. It finally worked and both of them had sex with her. Trent was pretty devastated.

Man I’m not even sure I should be saying this stuff to be honest, but it was long ago.

Xerobull and jo mama like this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

Early 20s girl dating someone mid late 30s even early 40s is very common and normal. What's the big deal?

You don't have to be a Hollywood actress trying to sleep your way into a carreer or a gold digger.

Men in the early 20s are mostly immature and idiots who aren't interested or are incapable in having a serious relationship or even hold a serious conversation so who can blame a girl if they are looking for someone more mature.
    When I was at that age. I and many of my friends dated older men in their 30s and it wasn't to try to gold dig.

It also doesn't mean that you have it coming for you or you accept being a part of a sadistic relationship or be abused.

From what I read MM tied and raped multiple women and forced drugs down their throats, imprisoned them and took away their passports, IDs.

He should be sent to prison.
    He is a serial criminal.

RunninRaven and CCity Zero like this.
  11. Xerobull

Thanks for sharing. Pretty ****ed up shitty thing they did to the guy.

PS - ever finish your album?

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I would just like to chime in that Billy Corgan is an *******.

BigM, lpbman, dobro1229 and 4 others like this.
  13. mikol13

Supporting Member

Ha. Man I’ve been working in this one for too long.

Hit some rough times that I’m hopefully finally coming out of after more than a year. It will absolutely be finished. I’m there, it’s very personal and I want it to really say something.

Already have the live show mapped out. Very theatrical. It will be out there. I will perform a few times and then be done. Feel like it’s almost a calling.

jo mama and Xerobull like this.
  14. Xerobull

@CCorn Brian Aubert > Billy Corgan

15. jo mama

it was courtney love, wasnt it?

im so certain that it was her that if you tell me im wrong i will f***ing donate $25 to clutchfans.

16. mikol13

Supporting Member

Sorry, it was not her. It wasn’t anyone anyone would know.

jo mama likes this.
  17. jo mama

damn. haha. you know they all banged her though!!!

i was going to donate $25, but i just paid $30 for a supporting membership since i hadnt already done so. i got the banner now so you know im legit!

im a musician too and although ive never played/toured with anyone as bigly as manson, ive been around a number of musicians i admire and its sucks when some turn out to be douchebags...its can ruin their music for me.

#157 jo mama, Feb 3, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    CCity Zero and mikol13 like this.
  18. mikol13

Supporting Member

I heard Reznor was trying to be support for Courtney after Cobain’s suicide. Not sure how it went. I do remember a story that came out with Courtney saying “Nine Inch Nail? More like 3 inch”.
    So you may be right. I just know she’s another one I never liked. Never came across or met her though.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Aubert = Kobe. Corgan = Jordan.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

then who's lerbon? i need to know this