1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marilyn Manson getting canceled...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Feb 1, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What if it was consensual rape?

Not saying rape can ever be consensual but what about role playing?

I just don't give anybody the benefit of the doubt on this kind of stuff and people are way too quick to rush to judgement.

Just look at what happened to Aziz Ansari.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I always thought he was an extra edgy modern version of Alice Cooper and he probably was for a while, but the videos started coming out of him in the 2000s just completely bombed out on stage. He definitely started taking his persona for real or he couldn't hide his addictions any longer -- at any rate he looks like a fat, drunken Nicholas Cage parody.

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It can happen to the best of us

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Last time I saw him which was in the last 5yrs he was trashed on stage and spiked his mic when the show ended.

Nook likes this.
  5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Exactly my thoughts.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Can someone explain why Stabbing Westward keeps popping up in this thread? I missed something.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

@Nook saw them and something something pee on crowd something his GF said Manson and Reznor were trolling sororities.

boomboom, CCity Zero and Nook like this.
  8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

...what...?

9. Xerobull

@what ?

10. Nook

Nook Member

I am confused, who said anything about the last 1980's and early 1990's?

11. Xerobull

Triangulating the dates based on your posts and the three bands 'active' periods.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everyday is exactly the same

Xerobull likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

I saw Stabbing Westward.... which is apparently a big sin.

I remember my girlfriend (now wife) laughing when someone on the stage started pissing on people in the crowd.

My girlfriend (now wife) lived in Chicago at that time. That is where Mikey (Trent) Reznor lived at the time and he and Marilyn Manson and others spent a lot of time in downtown Chicago where they used to try and pick up side girls from the local colleges that hung out at the local industrial clubs like THE EXIT. My wife and her friends were there all the time..... as minors.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Stabbing Westward, NIN and Helmet all were active in the late 1990's to early 2000's. That would have been the time period. My wife seeing NIN and Manson could have been as early as like 96-97 as she dated men a lot older than her when she was 15-18 years old, but it couldn't have been any earlier than that time period she would have been too young and I wasn't big into that stuff until my late teens and wasn't with her until I was a little older.

tinman likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

What is consensual rape?

What about Aziz Ansari? Why should anyone feel any sympathy for him?

malakas and tinman like this.
  16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Sting wasn't always the adult contemporary artist everyone knows today. He was once young and angry. Young and angry Police is definitely the best version.

This is my all time favorite video of my all time favorite band. The greatness starts at about 1:35:

malakas, B-Bob, CCity Zero and 2 others like this.
  17. Xerobull

Order of magnitude less disturbing than the MM complaints, that is to say, not at all. Aziz came on a little strong, and the chick gave him a hummer. She may have felt pressured but I honestly doubt that diminutive little Aziz has ever forced anyone to do anything, ever.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...l-misconduct-took-her-words-heart/1033205001/

Then she outed him. It was during the #MeToo fad. Not that it shouldn't be a thing, but I think that's what @jiggyfly is alluding to; jaded women throwing men under the bus (in some of the cases).

But again, this MM stuff is pretty twisted.

Nook likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

People forget they had an entire typical band's career before Synchronicity was released.

19. Nook

Nook Member

I am aware of the allegations against Aziz, and I am not saying they are as bad as Marilyn Manson. However, the allegations against Aziz are not all that great either.

malakas likes this.
  20. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I love how you continually remind us that the piece you were with eventually became your wife. Apparently, you had a stable of side-pieces at the same time. I think this needs to be discussed in a thread of its own. In depth. With pics.