1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Smart loses his mind in Lubbock and shoves a fan.

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by The Cat, Feb 8, 2014.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Must be nice.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

The rest of your posts in this thread suggest that was a serious post (i.e., not satirical). As a black woman, it would be awesome if you could point me to this post-racial paradise where you reside.

Interesting that you continue to insist racism is over, yet are injecting homicide statistics into a conversation where they are wholly and incredibly irrelevant. But carry on.

1 person likes this.
  3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I am not one to hide behind an anonymous name, go to an internet bulletin board and talk trash but ....

You sir are full of poop.

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

What image? Whatever "image" Tech has is no different than OU, OSU, UT, and A&M have.

And no, that they are black had nothing to do with why they were hired. The previous coach was an assistant for Billy Gillispie and took over after he imploded. He was the overwhelming favorite among the fans to get the job permanently after it was made clear that hiring him would land us a 5* guard out of HS.

When Tubby became available, the Chancellor wanted his proven experience and was hoping he could resurrect Tech's dying basketball program. Turned out the chancellor was right and the rest of us were wrong.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Oklahoma State has set a news conference for 5 pm CT today, spokesman told ESPN. Marcus Smart, Travis Ford, AD Mike Holder will all speak.</p>&mdash; Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/statuses/432592442148536320">February 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Marcus Smart will hold a news conference today at 5 p.m. But I’m told he probably WON’T take questions. He’ll likely just make a statement.</p>&mdash; Gary Parrish (@GaryParrishCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/GaryParrishCBS/statuses/432593970129305600">February 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

LOL. Not full of poop. Just realistic.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Ok State left doing damage control while this buffoon will get no penalty from Tech. Just ridiculous.

I mean, yeah, he's got freedom of speech and all that, but if the guy is going to be the face of your fandom and he's going to be mouthing off racial epithets at KIDS, and you, as a scholastic institution, where said kids attend, are going to stand for that? That's utter BS.

I wish Smart would have broken the guy's nose, actually. Then, he would have deserved to be forced to apologize over something in which he was the victim.

The unfairness of situations like these really sucks.

8. tmacfor35

I see both sides. Racism is not as "relevant" as you suggest.

Did it ever occur to you that black people call white people names as well?

I think people need to get over the racist card and move on with their life to fully succeed. It is called stop living in the past.

No doubt, that Tech fan is a "dumba$$", but Smart is equally one as well. Two stupid people involved in an altercation. What is new?

9. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

White ppl be like

Look another hooper thug!!

10. tmacfor35

He should apologize. He shoved an older man when he had the ability to "walk away". Smart is a proven idiot. Look no closer than his recent temper tantrum while his team hit a game winner. Guy is a nut case.

11. tmacfor35

You judge society for people like the Tech fan, and that is where you are all messed up. You are very pessimistic or indeed the racist one btw.

You can't be calling out white people for being racist if you yourself, are indeed racist.

You are basically seeing what you want to see.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

Uhhh....

Blane Beal - Texas Tech Associate AD:

"Texas Tech is conducting a thorough investigation into the incident last night. Looking for facts - not speculation. Ask you for patience."

Keep up your irrational hatred for Tech/Lubbock.

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

I have no idea what Doug Gottlieb is saying about this, but please take everything he says with one massive grain of salt. He played basketball for OSU, has a documented hatred for Lubbock/Tech, and stole from one of his own teammates while he was a student.

14. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Racist or not, Smart needed to let the idiot fan be an idiot and not stoop to his level. Touching a fan hurt his team and school. If its true what this fan said he should never be allowed back on the Tech campus. I went to Tech, and i dont want this jackass making me look bad

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

It sucks for everyone involved. Bad decisions all around.

That fan reminds me of the Jazz guy that was always painted up and yelling horrible things at Dream/Chuck and even Stevie/Tmac....

He probably did say something highly offensive. It's too bad someone in the stands didn't stop this fan early on and let him know that he was being an ass.

If he did say the N-Word, "Go back to Africa," etc...he'll get his outside of an arena when he pisses off the wrong person.

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Smart has to watch it, with everything that has went post-Indiana/Detroit brawl, you cannot go into stands or have any kind interaction/altercation with fan. It's always best to be a bigger man and walk away, because at the end of the day the only person who will get in trouble is the player via suspension, fine, banned, and even bad publicity/negative reputation, even if you did not start it. That fan instigated every thing, since I know 99.999999% of the time players have no reason for going after a fan or saying anything negative towards a fan when unbothered. But, I know fans can be royal butt-holes, especially since they think paying $20 - $2000 for tickets (or season packages) entitles them to be treated like kings and queens, while acting like a court jester.

17. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

The name calling is uncalled for and it seems your using it as a diversion away from the topic. I also don't know at what point you became the decider of what is allowed to be offensive for a different race of ppl other than yours. What a sense of entitlement:rolleyes:

18. Menses

Menses Member

Another white racist goads an emotional black man into violent response...I'd have done the same and taken the fine or the suspension or whatever it is they hand out...You talk tough...be prepared to act tough. The man lips certainly look like they mouth "ah go back to africa"....

LOL..people gotta learn to close they f u c ing mouths...and stop talking ****...or it might come back to you...

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

No hatred for either, especially considering my wife was born in Lubbock, and that I've never been there.

I just missed the fact that Tech had issued a statement on it. Hopefully the guy gets what's coming to him, too.

20. downbytheriver

The shove wasn't a big deal. Fan's should be held accountable for what they say, but the American media is eating this up so they can play the angry black man vs hard working white man card. You are liable for what you say as an adult whether you pay $500 or $5 to sit at an event. Although if it's in lubbock the tickets can't be much more than $50 courtside. Place is a dump.