1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Smart loses his mind in Lubbock and shoves a fan.

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by The Cat, Feb 8, 2014.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

BTW, it was a couple of Tech fans that helped Smart up.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

My how quickly we forget the real messages of Dr. King.

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yes, I'm sure he said "sorry about that" and that completely unhinged Smart. Are you really this dense?

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Suspend Smart. Ban Orr if he said what Smart told coach he said.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This is a non issue.

Have the mental fortitude to block it out. All this did was show how mentally weak Smart is.

6. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

I lived in Lubbock for 3 years and covered Texas Tech athletics.
    I also lived in Dallas for 2 years and covered Marcus Smart while he was in high school.

I have first hand experiences with both of the people involved.
    While Smart should have not shoved the guy - I definitely take his side.

Orr is an obnoxious fan who is always yelling at college kids. dumb.

7. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

wow, that sure made you sound like a freaking racist.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Oklahoma State source told me Marcus Smart was &quot;down and remorseful&quot; last night. &quot;Got caught up in the moment.&quot; -- <a href="http://t.co/nwSDcNicxn">http://t.co/nwSDcNicxn</a></p>&mdash; Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/statuses/432539628047192064">February 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mixed reaction from NBA GM's on whether Marcus Smart's draft stock affected by incident. One of them: &quot;Heavens no. His shooting does.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/statuses/432537236840927232">February 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NBA GM on Smart's draft stock affected: &quot;When you are loved more for your intangibles than your tangibles to begin with, how can it not?&quot;</p>&mdash; Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/statuses/432540303925706752">February 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Shame on that old man for harassing a young student athlete like that. That's unacceptable. Fat old man still acts like he's in college.

The appropriate punishment would be for him to be banned from sitting courtside forever. As well as, once his employer at the Waco air traffic controller finds out, for them to take away his free flights privilege (which I'm assuming he has and uses to travel to all the away games).

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

That's not racism. That's being a moronist.

By the way, I'm white. I have redneck family members. I grew up in the boonies, and some would consider me a redneck as well. I take no offense to that comment.

That idiot deserves what he gets. He's a fat old man sitting court side at a college sports game, taunting kids. It's slightly different if it's taunting in the NBA (because the players are doing their jobs), but it's still pathetic.

11. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Surprising how a lot of people think basketball is more important than racism.

Not really surprising.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

No. What unhinged Smart was losing to a below average Tech game in route to a 4 game losing streak. I imagine thinking about his declining draft stock played some role as well.

BTW, the "sorry about that" was after Smart got in his face, but before the push. It isn't what got him agitated.

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

^"game" should be "team"

14. Andrew Wiggins

LOL, he's probably an Aggie. Lubbock and Austin are filled with rednecks. Dallas is better in that department, but I hear they can be smug and think they're better than Houston.

I mean look closely at 0:32 in this video. That is the guy he's defending. Pick your battles son.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i0NdJahHN0w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

To be fair, the way that lady points at him afterwards, like a dumb animal, I'd want to smack her as well.

My first reaction to the video is to be fully on Smart's side of this.

My second reaction is that he shouldn't have listened to a word that guy said.

#75 napalm06, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  16. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I don't necessarily consider myself a racist, I just can't stand stupid people regardless of color.

Going back to my point. So what if the paying fan said go back to Africa. Doesn't tech have black players. You're playing in Lubbock, what do you expect?

Should've just laughed it off, made fun of his weight, gone back and tell that lady she's the ugliest he's ever seen, told him that he had to pay for that seat, or that smart was better off in almost every way possible.

Anything would've been better than using your hands.

17. likestohypeguy

If all he did was shove him, that's pretty good restraint actually, considering orr most likely said the n-word.

18. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I'm not white, but my gf is and her family is filled with country redneck hicks. I can't stand their comments about me. The fact they even have to open their freaking mouths every time pisses me off. I'd rather be me than anyone of them. White trash will always be white trash.

And I guarantee you if we ever met you wouldn't say anything remotely close to what they say to me, so you shouldn't be offended.

Watch the 30 for 30 with Tonya Harding and you'll know exactly what I mean when I refer to trailer trash.

19. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

It's funny how ppl like use word like "mentally weak" but probably have never called the n-word or told to go back 2 Africa. Smh

20. NickKent

NickKent Member

Typical Tech fan behavior, Smart should've been prepared for that.