1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Smart loses his mind in Lubbock and shoves a fan.

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by The Cat, Feb 8, 2014.

1. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Never should have gone back to school.

But, hopefully he drops in the draft to a team that put him on the bench instead of crowning him as a god-king.

2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

May aswell merge this with the rockets second round prospect thread now ;)

3. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

National nonsense. Not the first player. Stuff happens. Who cares

4. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

That wasn't very Smart.

[​IMG]

5. CertifiedTroll

Interesting that I started that thread and Smart is my favorite college player outside Duke. Get it done DM

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Not that it matters but I wonder what the fan said? Either way, as a player you have to rise above idiotic fan commentary.

7. logggur

logggur Member

Lubbock is awful.

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

lol repped for bolded :)

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I think it's fairly obvious he said something racist.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That's the only thing that would really make sense. Either way he has to be smarter than that.

11. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Its being reported that Orr told Smart to "Go Back to Africa"

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

If he said that, then I don't blame Smart at all... but is it possible he said 'go back to Oklahoma' or 'go back to Stillwater' and Smart just heard what he wanted to hear? Either way, I wish he would have knocked his fat billy ass out just for the lulz.

13. instantno0o0dle

quite honestly.. can you blame him? he's in the middle of a heated game and he just took a hard fall. most people under normal environments would have reacted much worse.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

If the guy did say something along the lines of what most of us assume, then he wasn't acting immaturely and shouldn't be punished for anything

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jeff Orr to a <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TexasTech&amp;src=hash">#TexasTech</a> friend of mine via text &quot;I kinda let my mouth say something I shouldn't have,I feel bad&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MarcusSmart&amp;src=hash">#MarcusSmart</a></p>&mdash; Doug Gottlieb (@GottliebShow) <a href="https://twitter.com/GottliebShow/statuses/432395107166195712">February 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Text convo from my Tech friend w/Orr- Orr is Tech's biggest fan-everyone knows him, he goes to every game <a href="http://t.co/1ZlN6gAdz3">pic.twitter.com/1ZlN6gAdz3</a></p>&mdash; Doug Gottlieb (@GottliebShow) <a href="https://twitter.com/GottliebShow/statuses/432395633962405890">February 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;wasn't vulgar or the N Word&quot; another text from Orr - <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MarcusSmart&amp;src=hash">#MarcusSmart</a></p>&mdash; Doug Gottlieb (@GottliebShow) <a href="https://twitter.com/GottliebShow/statuses/432396619938410496">February 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

this is gonna be a he-said-fat-billy-said dumpster fire... no way to know the truth unless someone sitting next to him confirms, or lip readers ftw

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What a head case. I think teams should REALLY stay away from drafting him......

(So he falls to the late first round and the Rockets can snag him)

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

Maybe I'm being naive, but it is considered appropriate to respond to racial verbal abuse with physical harm? I still don't think it's justified.

Smart could've told a ref he was being taunted with racial insults, and I would like to think the officials would've done something about it.

Make no mistake, the fan is in deep trouble. I expect that Texas Tech won't allow him to attend games anymore. His bigger concern though should be the fact that the entire world already knows his full name. It's only a matter of time that the Internet figures out his phone number, home address, etc.

19. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Being "reported" does not mean being tweeted by random people on Twitter.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Looks like he mouths "racist" to the ref, as he's walking back to the bench.

John Lucas III tweeted he remembers this guy from when he was in school and he always said "crazy ish"

He was wrung to push him, but if he did say something racist, and it sounds like he did, then he deserves credit fit quickly turning and leaving.