1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Camby Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So... we traded him for Toney Douglas and a couple of 2nd round picks. What's up with the guy?

2. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Benched for Kurt Thomas and Rasheed Wallace. Can understand Rasheed if Knicks wanted to stretch the floor, but Kurt Thomas? Really?

3. Lihao

Lihao Member

according to Knicks fans , he's been banging Woodson's wife

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I'd rather have 2 more shots at a Chandler Parsons/Budinger/Landry type then have elderly Camby.

5. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

People forgot how good Camby was for the Rockets after the trade deadline last year.

At 38 (?), he was still better than Dalembert, and for the Knicks he'd only need to play 12 minutes per game to spell Chandler.

I would say, for 15-20min per game, he would still be a top 15-20 center in the league.

I couldn't believe that, when Tyson got into foul trouble against the Rockets and we were running through the Knicks defense manned by Kurt Thomas, that Woodson could not find time to put Camby in the game.

1 person likes this.
  6. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

He must be injured then? Makes no sense.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

He was hurt

8. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Nah, I heard he was hitting on Woodson's daughter. Maybe showed her his 'D', who knows? I saw a pic of her. She's...alright.

9. Carl Herrera

No way! Camby is too old for her!

10. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Apparently in this article he is not in game shape?http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/camby_odd_man_out_axtwTkAtgUJsNXJ5VYSatO

But for someone who is playing behind Chandler you don't have to be in game shape to get only a few minutes on the floor. Camby did really great for the 19 games he played as a Rocket, you'd think he could still contribute a lot on some team at his age. & when you're getting blown out by the Rockets, why not put him in at the end to help him get in game shape? I really hope he can break their rotation. I love Cambyman.

11. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I wonder if he would've stayed for lets say around 2-3 mil/year. There was reports he was "surprised" he got the offer he got from the Knicks at 13.2mil/3 years. I would've kept him as a backup to spell Asik 10-15 mins a game. But I suppose he couldn't wait and they wanted to give DMo and GSmith minutes.

12. Carl Herrera

One thing to Note: because the Rockets technically traded him away this season, he cannot be traded back to the Rockets until July 2013.

In any case, I like Camby, but given the $ he makes, I doubt HOU will be interested in him until after they have used their cap room to acquire a 2nd star.

Also, there is the matter of the Knicks being pissed at HOU for stealing Jeremy Lin...

13. mirus

mirus Member

But...but i thought that's JRSmith !

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

unless...... he gets bought out, then we resign him up the difference he loses, if any :)

wishful thinking I know, but I was a big fan his during his stint

15. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

NY should've never thrown that kind of money at him. Check the media day pictures and compare to how well in shape he was the last few games with us. He's making a lot of money doing nothing and I don't think he minds one bit. Bad thing to happen to an old guy, with us he could've had around 20 minutes against the bigger opponents and be a key player. I still wanted him in the offseason but not the fat version he is now, no thank you.

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Camby really likes JR Smith...:grin:

[​IMG]

17. Optimal6

Optimal6 Member

The only reason why the Knicks got Camby is so the Heat couldn't get him.

18. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Tell me why, why would we need Camby? We are trying to rebuild and get pieces. We don't need 38 year old players to keep us mediocre forever.