1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Camby expected to sign with Rockets today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Brooks is on a 1yr contract, and he was here last yr, which means he gets Early Bird rights at the end of this coming contract. Because of these circumstances, the CBA rules say that gives Brooks veto rights over any trades by Morey involving Brooks.

Morey won't be allowed to flip Brooks in his game of assets unless Brooks agrees. That means the trade needs to land Brooks in a better situation than ring-chasing in Houston.

2. treeman

treeman Member

This thread is devolving from a Camby thread into an argument about who will get cut thread. It's really pretty silly, and it's not that difficult to figure out who makes the team and who doesn't.

Hint: On a tanking team, prospects trump veterans. On a contending team, veterans trump prospects. Where do you think the Rockets are now? Why do you think they've been pulling all these vets recently?

The prospects can sit and wait for an injury and a phone call. The vets will play or actually warm the bench.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

But how much could you get for a Greg Oden package? Probably a lot more.

There. I turned it from a "who will get cut" thread to THAT thread. Suck it.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

While I agree that the vets generally have an advantage over the prospects, I don't think the matter is so simple. It still depends largely on how each individual performs. It is entirely possible that a rookie/prospect can be ready to contribute more than a vet. Undrafted rookie Chuck Hayes, for example, outplayed veteran free agent signee Stromile Swift. Also, rookie Carl Landry was ready to contribute to a playoff team.

It is entirely possible that at least one of the rookies like BJ Young and Robert Covington could show himself more ready to contribute than one of Casspi, Reggie Williams, or Aaron Brooks and earn a spot in the 15-man roster (and for my money, the veteran most at risk of getting cut is Reggie Williams).

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Great signing!!! This will enhance Dwight's knowledge on defense, possibly prolong his career by learning how Camby does it (from eating habits to lifestyle). We went from a young team, to a middle-aged team in a matter of weeks with Camby and Garcia.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Welcome back to the Rockets <a href="https://twitter.com/MarcusCamby23">@MarcusCamby23</a> ! Loading up like Jake &amp; Elwood</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/362212719945986048">July 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

So Morey is saying we are on a Mission from god?

8. BigTex

BigTex Member

getting the band back together :cool:

1 person likes this.
  9. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Everything aside, I love that we have a geek GM that references Blues Brothers in his tweets...

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SZVhzVTBDvA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Everybody welcome my guy big meech <a href="https://twitter.com/MarcusCamby23">@MarcusCamby23</a> back to the squad!!</p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/statuses/362235320890171393">July 30, 2013</a></blockquote>

12. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

what did he sign for??? the trade machine says 2.2 per year

that would be our room exception

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

If he signed for that, then there's almost no way Asik is on this roster a year from now. That would be 3 roster spots and $33 million tied up in one position.

14. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Minimum.

15. megastahr

i agree I think that is a big waste if that is the case...

16. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

1 person likes this.
  17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Trade machine must be going off of his whole contract numbers from Toronto. The Rockets won't be paying that much since he was bought out. His figures should be about 1.5 mil this year.

18. megastahr

ahh thanks! and u too duluth

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Marcus Camby is ready to help the Rockets and Jeff Van Gundy says he will. <a href="http://t.co/AhFIkKZrD0">http://t.co/AhFIkKZrD0</a></p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/375661167122718720">September 5, 2013</a></blockquote>

20. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

asiks value will continue rising.. morey will trade him at the right time