1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

March Madness is Here!!!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Rocketman95, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Man, it's getting close to the end of the season, and the St. Johns Red Storm is showing us why we love it so much. Down 71-60 with 4:00 left, they've gone on a 11-0 run against the Blue Devils, now it's tied with 37 seconds and Red Storm ball!

I LOVE IT!!!!!

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Ohmygod, what a finish. Duke has the ball to take the last shot, 3 seconds left, Hatten for SJ steals the ball from Duhon, takes it down and is fouled at the buzzer...he hits the free throw with no time left!!!

What an ending.

3. mduke

mduke Member

Ah yes. I love seeing the dukies faces when they lose.:D

4. junglerules

junglerules Member

I feel like I've been on this high for a month now in regards to college basketball. I've been watching games left and right like some sort of junkie. I'm glad other people are starting to talk about it. I'm tired of creating my own brackets, switching seeds, and "bubble" teams and all that mess without anyone else being caught up in the hype.

I just can't see Duke winning more than 2 games in the tourney. They really don't have the leadership or interior presence they need to make a run. If Reddick isn't hitting from deep, they also tend to have trouble scoring. I don't know, but I could see them bounced before the second weekend. I like a team like Wake from the ACC to make a little more noise than Duke this year.

Will the loss of Simien officially eliminate KU from title hopes? They were able to survive earlier this year without him, but I just can't see them pulling it off again in a format that pushes you to play quality two quality teams every three nights like the NCAA tourney does.

Any sleeper picks? I LOVE southern illinois, and I felt really vindicated last year when I picked them to go to the sweet 16, and they did just that. I really hope they find a way to get in the dance. That victory over creighton yesterday was HUGE. Also, i still love marquette, but they are hardly a sleeper anymore. Where they get seeded will be interesting, but I see them all the way up to a 3, maybe even a 2, right now.

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i know people love to see Duke lose but did they get jobbed?? i mean a guy reaches in on one end and then they call a ticky tack foul at best on the other end. he didn't even hit his shooting arm and you know the whole "no blood no foul" rule that generally exists on last second plays. seemed kinda cheap. Duke had their 27 game non conference streak ended the same way ND had their 88 game win streak snapped. 11 pt lead with 4 minutes, then give up a 12-0 run.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I hope so. No amount of calls will make up for the bull**** that was the 1991 game against Kentucky when Laettner hit that shot. He should've been sitting in the locker room after being ejected for stepping on someone's chest on purpose.