1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

March 15th Trade Deadline Countdown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Feb 25, 2012.

1. teebone21

teebone21 Member

I posted about thomas weeks ago and no 1 replied I knew he would be a good fit rockets being a rebounder and shot blocker

2. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I cannot believe no trades have happened yet!!

3. haydenfisher342

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

ESPN: Most likely to be traded

1 person likes this.
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

6. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i would trade Scola and Lowry for Josh Smith

8. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Man, this season's trade deadline is probably the most nerve-racking trade deadline in the last few years.

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Having 2 wait till da 15th sucks

10. cod

cod Member

There's no chance of a high lottery pick. The Rockets should go all in for Wallace and Kaman. Kaman is expiring and Wallace could be too.

11. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

If you knew that Howard and DWill were waiting in the wings to sign this summer. But you would also have to dump Martin for expirings to have the cap room to sign both, or move him in a sign and trade this summer, perhaps along with Dalembert to Orlando.

1 person likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Seems like most predicting a quiet deadline.

Chad Ford: With the trade deadline just a week away, we should be in high gear. Instead, a number of GMs are reporting trade deadline gridlock.

John Hollinger: First, the bad news: I'm not sure we're going to have as many trades this year as you might have hoped.

Chris Mannix: Odd vibe leading into this trade deadline. Lot of uncertainty among GM's as to what will happen. Lot of teams reluctant to take on salary.

@SamAmicoFSO
    After making & receiving some calls today, I think a lot of NBA fans will be disappointed at trade deadline. "Fans want trades. GMs don't."

Ken Berger: With seven days to go before the trade deadline, either this is the calm before the storm or there simply won't be a storm this year. NBA team executives are torn over what kind of frenzy the March 15 deadline will bring. "It's all over the map," said one team executive who believes that all but the best of the best -- the Bulls, the Heat and the Thunder -- will seriously pursue trades, but perhaps only 3-6 teams actually will make one. "Teams are really reluctant to do anything that's going to cost them anything beyond this year," one executive said.

------------------------------

More rumors for you to chew up and spit out :p

13. HorneR

HorneR Member

If we were able to nab Gordon from NO I'd be willing to give up literally anyone but Lowry in a trade for Pek.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Assumption is based on history. You look at the Battier deal as an example of what a player like that can mean to a team who is heading towards the playoffs and need that missing piece. Keep in mind I put major lottery protection on that pick.

A team like the Lakers, if they fail to make the Mega deal, would be wise to spend that to pick up either Dragic, Ridinour, DJ Augustin, or Ramon Sessions for that price. Getting a late first round pick for Dragic is not out of the question at all even being an UFA.

15. cod

cod Member

Thabeet was included as a salary dump.

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Oops, it was posted. Deleted.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. cod

cod Member

The Hawks wouldn't do that trade because of their salary situation.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member