1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

March 15th Trade Deadline Countdown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Feb 25, 2012.

1. alverwi

alverwi Contributing Member

Could be good for us if we really want Gasol badly, with his $18 mil contract

2. cod

cod Member

The Lakers were getting CP3 the last time around... They're not giving up Pau for less than an all Star level player.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/stor...iem-120307&_slug_=nba-players-teams-trade-for

#223 J.R., Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I jus hope we don't trade D-mo unless wer getting s star back 4 sure

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Sorry I meant getting a star back 4 sure

6. cod

cod Member

7. alverwi

alverwi Contributing Member

I understand that. Do you think that a Lowry package would get it done, or do you think that LA is looking for a bigger star in return? Not saying I want to do Lowry for Gasol, just wondering.

8. jogo

jogo Member

9. CDave

CDave Member

Hard to justify giving up a first round pick for a player on an expiring contract.

Conventional wisdom says that Dragic is no more than a backup player to begin with so there is not a strong likelihood he's going to be a considerable difference maker down the stretch.

Why not wait until summer when he's a UFA and then pursue him on that basis. Trading for him now just means you lose a number one for a player who signs and plays somewhere else next season.

Not very much foresight in deciding that way.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Tyrus Thomas Would b a nice pick up in my opinion

12. eman

eman Contributing Member

Anthony Randolph might be worth a shot. I'm ready to go young, long, and athletic. I wish we could snag Batum. Maybe Jordan Hill will come around; maybe PPatt will get his legs back... I suspect Morey will do something, if only to keep hope alive, spark some interest and ticket sales-- I just hope we don't get Pau, who cannot possibly fit into our long-range plans. I'd pay money to see Kyle and Dragic run with Batum at the 2, Parsons at the 3, Randolph at the 4, and Dalembert at the 5. That's a lineup built for fast-break dunks off steals, blocks, and one-and-out D. Anyway, whatever we do, it looks like McHale values long, athletic, defensive players (eg, starting rookie Parsons, sitting Martin)-- I hope Morey does, too. If Morey splashes us with another Brad Miller or David
    Andersen... Well, let's just not go there.

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yea wasn't morey interested in Randolph at one point I believe and tyrus Thomas is long and athletic 2

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Please God no! I don't want anyone on that insider list.

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'd throw the dice on Thomas and let him return to his pf position.... I'd give the Bobcats the pupu platter of their choice of Bud, JHill, TWill, Flynn, Thabeet and take on his contract...

16. cod

cod Member

Dragic is an unrestricted free agent. He's not a player to blow a team's full MLE on. Why give up assets now when they can go after him in free agency. There's little benefit to trade for him.

17. CDave

CDave Member

If nothing else in order to balance the difference in salary.

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm curious about Daye. They couldve had him in the draft as dumars was trying to give the pick away,but morey didn't want the 3 yr guarantee. He played fairly well his last couple of yrs,but this year, he cant shoot which is his strength.

19. jogo

jogo Member

I like most of Hollinger's list as potentially good players that might be obtainable. The one I like most is Harris. He could be really good in 2 years and will be just 21! Leuer is good too. I would consider a move for Tyrus and/or Randolph. Randolph is really talented and young.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I would take tyrus over Randolph though just bcuz I think tyrus is more active on da boards den Randolph