1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

March 15th Trade Deadline Countdown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Can't wait what moves Daryl Morey and our Rockets would be making. We all know we are always one of the most active teams during the deadline and i feel this would be a make or break year for Morey. Will he be going for broke and risk it all? Would this finally be the year we acquire a game/franchise changing player/star?

19 days to go!

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Trading season starts this week-end, accelerates 3/1. When (if?) DH12 gets expunged, er moved, then the moves can really begin. The last rapture is 3/15. Until the Draft.

Why??? is this make-or-break for DM the GM??? :confused:

3. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Just killin' time...

4. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Yeah cant wait either. Our playoff run depends on it. Denver will make strong run once they are healthy - Lawson and Affalo were injured earlier and now Nene+Galinari are injured, dont forget Chandler might join them too. So Denver will get much much better no doubt. That leaves Rox, Portalnd, Utah, Minny to fight for last spot.

We desperately need to upgrade Bud and Hill if we wanna have an edge over Portland, Utah, Minny.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Denver isn't as good as they were playing early in the season. They will fight with Portland and Minny for the 8th seed. They aren't going to suddenly shoot way up in the standings.

Utah is in too deep of a hole and they are not a playoff team as currently constructed.

I think the teams which will make the playoffs are already in it, but we will probably get passed by Memphis when ZBo comes back putting us in 7th seed.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

With Chandler back Denver, Portland are fighting for 6,7th place.
    Minny for 8th.
    We are right there in the middle. Depending on trades, performances 4-9th spot is possible.

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I hope we get D-Will

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Remember guys that the first Domino to fall has to be Dwight Howard, then DWill second. Even secondary minor moves will be put on hold or will not happen until Dwight gets moved.

If Dwight ends up not getting moved there just might not be enough time for Morey to make any moves. Its a real possibility that this is the year that Morey just washes his hands clean of the 09ers and focuses on the the roster at hand this summer.

9. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Yeah for the remainder of the seaon... and than lose him in free agency I guess... D-Will either stay in NY with Dwight or goes to Dallas.

10. underrated015

underrated015 Member

I say forget Gasol. Renew our alliances with the kings. Send dragic n patterson to sac town for cousins. that way we get our future center and they get a pg while sliding tyreke to the two. one can only dream this happens.

1 person likes this.
  11. rocketsmetalspd

I rather have the Rockets try to get something for Thabeet, Flynn, TWill, and Hill.

I don't want the core group to be taking apart but if Morey can work something that takes the team to top 4 in the West then I am good with that.

12. CDave

CDave Member

If Cousins could be had for so little as that there are a whole host of teams that would bid for him. The Lakers would probably trade Andrew Bynum straight up for Demarcus Cousins right now.

The Kings aren't moving Cousins or Tyreke. That's their future and pretty sound foundation. Marcus Thornton or Jason Thompson are more likely targets.

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I think its gonna be very telling regarding DM... We've been carrying these 09 stiffs on our roster for too long (at the cost of Lin, Adrien)... time to see if they are gonna result in any benefit - or if DMs philosophy is flawed...

If he uses the expirings as fodder to pull a superstar - he's the GOAT....

If he at least turns them into some late draft picks - he knows what he's doin and we can continue the course..

If they expire and we garner no benefit... then I really gotta question his efforts...

14. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Orlando's owner wants vets for Howard not picks and a team to take Turk's bad contract so why not Scola, Martin, Dalembert and Dragic for Howard, Turk and a PG.

Turk's contract is bad but he's still a major upgrade to what we have at SF.

Let's go all in

Lowry/Flynn
    Lee/Bud
    Turk/Morris/Parsons
    Patterson/Hill
    Howard/Smith

Deal Thabeet and T-Will for something

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I think its a solid offer... certainly allows them to 'reman competitive'....and leaves us Lowry and enough assets to deal for DWill...

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

That's what I would offer for Howard, but I don't know if it's enough. Maybe if we add in draft picks/Motiejunas/Llull...

17. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Memphis is not going to improve with Zbo. Zbo+ Gay just doesn't work for them. That combo is almost as bad as melo+amare. Last year they sucked until one of them went down. This season they sucked until Zbo went down. They need to pick who they are going to go with.

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Id take a leap of faith on Paul George! A package around Kmart for the future allstar!

19. fattz

fattz Member

^^^ the Pacers are so far under the cap they could take back almost anything. Could Martin really help them?

here is a minor one I would like to see

Hill and Budinger
    ...for...
    Robin Lopez
    and we switch this years 2nd round picks (they take ours and we take theirs)

Hill is out now so do not see it happening

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Mitch Kupchak and Daryl Morey in the house...talking intently, hardly watching the game...</p>&mdash; Bill Ingram (@TheRocketGuy) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRocketGuy/status/173485659586174976" data-datetime="2012-02-25T19:12:59+00:00">February 25, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Mitch Kupchak and Daryl Morey are sitting next to each other. "OMG Pau Gasol trade!" tweets are about to fill my timeline.</p>&mdash; Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/173489064194998272" data-datetime="2012-02-25T19:26:30+00:00">February 25, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>