1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marc Stein] Possible multiple team deal bringing Tyson Chandler to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mollamar, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jw1144

jw1144 Contributing Member

I would put Lowry and Scola in that JYD category.

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

The rule only applies if you are over the cap. If you are under the cap and signing a player you do not go over the cap by more than 100,000 than there is no 25% rule. The cap is estimated to be 56.1 mil this year. Miami can not sign Lebron Wade and Bosh and keep Beasley and stay under the cap. So the 25% rule would apply. That is why they must trade Beasley to be able to give the Max salary to all three.

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

so we should be rooting for lebron to choose miami so they are forced to trade beasley and we get chandler?

i think lebron going there increases the chances of them needing a S&T and moving bees.

4. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Not only that but it also gaurantees that he does not go to NY.

5. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Morey... Make...It...Happen...

6. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

zackly....i dont care where he goes as long as it isnt NY

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

They need to send out a little more than 10 mil in salaries to make it work. That's within the 25% plus 100,000. Andersen and Taylor to Toronto plus Jeffries to Charlotte works. I am guessing Toronto is holding out for Budinger instead of Taylor or some picks and cash to take back contracts

That is why they are saying houston may not be part of the deal. It is a game of bluffing and wait and see now.

8. wurldbefree

wurldbefree Member

I'll take Lowry (not currently on the roster btw ;) ) and I'm probably about to pick a fight with half the forum by saying this because I love Scola almost as much as the next guy, But don't see it in Scola, he won't back down but the only thing intimidating is his hair and face.

picture the supersubs in the 2nd quarter

Lowry
    Taylor
    Chase
    Hill/PP
    Tyson

Tell me that is not a RA fast break wet dream waiting to happen

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Possible solution:

Send Andersen or whatever non asset piece to Toronto to complete the Chandler trade, then use the trade exception, in a seperate deal, to take back some scrub piece from Toronto so there is no added salary burden on the Raptors.

1 person likes this.
  10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Without doubt Chandler is an upgrade over Jeffries.

However is it worth paying more luxury tax for Chandler?? He seems to have lost his game somewhere the last couple of years - sure he's still 6'11 and able to rebound, block shots and run - but for an extra $8-10million?

Knowing Morey he's playing the 'poor Houston' card and looking to bring back pick(s) with the deal.... (most likely from Charlotte - you want Beasley? Give me first round pick plis.)

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

well that goes without say.

but until today i didn't think it mattered where else he went. now i'd be happiest with the heat.

12. rocketswinitall

Chandler could play the same shot blocker role of the bench that dikembe did a couple years ago, yet tyson has a better finishing ability at the rim than the aging dike had.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

True. As much as I loved Deke, he frustrated the hell out of me whenever he caught a pass near the rim and took ten seconds to gather himself (and got stripped) so he could try to dunk the ball.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

davidnuno Trade talks involving rockets in 4 way deal with Tyson Chandler coming to Houston are dead right now.

15. HTXEZE

HTXEZE Member

no matter what the rockets are going to be a playoff team because we got yao back the jazz are no longer a threat because they lost carlos boozer my prediction is Houston Rockets 2011 world champions

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Chandler is 7'1.

17. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

This is a great move if true. Chandler brings some much needed defense and athleticism to our 2nd unit.

We like to run when our bench is out there, and chandler can get up and down very well for a big man.

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

meh...If they (Toronto) were thinking Morey would just give away his assets for a rental they thought wrong.

Donnie Walsh knows about trying to bully Morey.

20. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Damn, that was over before it started... :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.