1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marc Stein] Houston Rockets could join Chris Bosh chase

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ctry2582, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The lakers a few years ago could have traded bynum because kobe wanted to win now and thanks to their patience they might get bosh.

We did the opposite with gay and while battier is good, I think gay would be better trade asset.

If the lakers get bosh no point of watching the nba.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Maybe it is a little bit of a wish, but Bosh has said he would like to get back to Texas, and if they win a title this year, why stay?

Unless he really likes LA......

They would be a nasty front court, and with Kobe on the wing, an amazing team.....

The question would be in chemistry....only one ball to go around....and Kobe usually likes to have it.....I just think it would not work as well as people think.

Bynum does not NEED the ball....Bosh does.......it just has chemistry spill written all over it...imo.

DD

3. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

Instead of the Iggy+Bosh dream, how bout Bosh+Bargnani to match up against lakers. We would have to give up Tmac, scola, taylor, and a 2nd round pick. Add marcus banks as a filler and here's our depth chart:

Brooks/Lowry
    Ariza/Brooks/Cbud
    Battier/Cbud
    Bosh/Landry/Cook
    Bargani/Hayes/Anderson

Re-sign Bosh and have with Yao back will can dominate the west with our 4 bigs(Yao, Bosh, Bargani, Landry)

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

I honestly don't think the Lakers can afford such a team. They're already paying $83,000,000 to their players, Bosh would add $3,000,000 more than Bynum, and then it just escalates from there.

Bynum would be perfect for Toronto. Bosh in Los Angeles? Why pay such unbelievable amounts of cash for Odom and especially Gasol? The Lakers need a bench and a reduction in payroll, not more All-Stars.

5. Yak

Yak Member

Bynum needs the ball as much as Bosh does.

The only difference is, if Bynum doesn't get the ball, every Lakers fan knows he plays like a baby.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

It's not like they don't spend money on a bench... Odom comes off the bench when they are all healthy, Vujacic and Walton are paid very well-- they just suck.

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

But that is my point, Bynum doesn't get it, he gets his on rebounds and put backs.....Bosh will NEED it...and that takes touches away from Pau and Kobe...

I just don't think it works well in a chemistry sense.

DD™

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

A Bosh for Bynum trade does not work straight up because of Bynum's BYC. The Lakers are going to have to add some more pieces, and not trash pieces either, in order to make the salaries match.

9. herro

herro Member

I'm sure it would be tough, but getting DeRozan in the Bosh deal would mean we shouldn't worry about going after Iggy, Butler etc.

Toronto won't let DeMar go anywhere though

10. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

5 mil expiring contract in Adam Morrison.

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yikes he makes $5 million?

DD®

12. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

He was a 3rd overall pick. Talk about bust. :grin:

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

B/c Ariza, Scola, Landry, and Battier are all capable of moving towards the ball. In other words, for them, the ball doesn't need to be perfectly thrown like it does for Yao.

It's clear that its hard to get the ball to Yao, but since he's the best offensive center in the league, the Rockets should take the necessary steps to take advantage of him when he's on the court.

And if you bothered to read my post, you'd see that my point was that building a championship team and building a team to suit Yao aren't mutually exclusive.

That's fine. I'll still be here.

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

Still doesn't work...

Try again.

And I doubt the Raptors would take that back anyway.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Well, true enough. Should I say, The Lakers need to spend their money on a bench that doesn't suck hard?

I'll agree with DD in the sense that the chemistry would be thrown for the Lakers. Unless they want to rid themselves of Bynum and use Bosh as a trade asset in June, but that's too byzantine on my part; ain't gonna happen.

And if Bynum IS actually BYC---I forgot to double-check; Vecsey might have mentioned it in the article---then, this deal isn't so do-able (unless some other team out there wants to help the Lakers keep winning titles).

16. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Throw in Jordan Farmar? 2 mil EC. Should be close.

17. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

If this rumor about the lakers true, I think the Rockets are probably going to have to offer both Landry and Brooks to out bid the lakers.... :(

--RB

18. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Even this is true the Raptors can always hold out until the summer to s&t Bosh for Bynum had there been anything true to this rumor. I mean you obviously wouldn't trade Bosh for any package the Rockets offer if Lakers GM calls and tells you Bynum is available.

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

And the Raptors would accept that? Just for Bynum? Plus, they are loaded at PG anyway...

20. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Not enough imo. Bynum could be the cornerstone you build your franchise around. Plus I don't want to give up both Landry and Brooks for Bosh b/c that would leave us with no legit ball-handler.