1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marc Stein] Houston Rockets could join Chris Bosh chase

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ctry2582, Jan 8, 2010.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Put your realism glasses on and recogonize Chris Bosh is an amazing player stuck on a bad team. Right now we have an opportunity to get a young, healthy, high character, hard working player.

Look at this guy and tell me he wouldnt fit here in our lockeroom:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_MO_FYEf6M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_MO_FYEf6M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I love our guys and we are loaded with 110% guys right now and we are a 45-50 win team. As fun as they are, we need another RING.

Flash...FLASH? Are you kidding me? He is like Carl Landry on crack! He slashes, he passes, he attacks his man, he gets the line, he runs, moves off the ball, fade-away jumpshots! He would be an excellent weakside shot blocker alongside Yao.

[​IMG]

This guy can score from almost anywhere on the court!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rlng0pA2kVE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rlng0pA2kVE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

^Bosh's high post game fits in perfectly with Adelman's scheme, way better than Yao.

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

??

Scola + Battier or Ariza + Cook + Houston 1st doesn't seem too bad. I'd throw in Lowry, too. We'd be weak at PG though (probably would bring up Conroy).

Also, even with Toronto winning a little more now, I think Bosh would still want to leave. That Toronto team is stuck in mediocrity. They don't really have a strong young core, plus they have to go against the Celtics, Magic, and Cavs. You put Bosh in Houston, with a SG like Iggy, and he'll shine (this is with taking out Scola or Landry, Brooks or Lowry, and Battier or Ariza).

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

why is this thread 27 pages? anything going to happen?

5. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

My thoughts exactly.

Can someone with ESPN insider post the "Rumors: The latest on where Bosh could land" article here, or does that article not say anything different?

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Member

After all the whining about how Memphis got robbed and the Jerry West conspiracies, it is very ironic that Memphis did take the best offer in the long run. Marc Gasol is better than anyone else offered and he's dirt cheap. And they got picks to top it off. I was one of the whiners, I never saw Marc play so I just wrote him off as a throw in based on his draft position. Boy, was I wrong.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

I think one guy who said Memphis didn't get screwed was Pau Gasol himself-- specifically on the basis that Marc Gasol can play.

8. anchel

anchel Member

Absolutely. And I'm thinking that playing next to Yao even he could expand his range and be a 3PT threat.

[Please, little more respect for Mr. Yao Ming]

9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

That article was already posted on one of the last few pages.

10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Member

Yeah, but he's obviously a bit biased. Would you ever expect one brother to say the other sucked?

11. Audioout

Audioout Member

Okay, I'm going to go ahead and let myself be flamed by both people who think this isn't good enough for the other teams and by the people who think we give up too much but I can't resist. ;)

Washington, Toronto, Houston three way trade.

Washington gets:

Tmac
    Shane Battier

Toronto gets:

Antawn Jamison
    Luis Scola
    Brian Cook
    Jermaine Taylor through trade exception

Houston gets:

Chris Bosh
    Caron Butler
    Gilbert Arenas (I know, I know)

Why does Houston do this?:

To get Chris Bosh and Caron Butler to play next to Yao, Landry and Brooks. Don't know where we'd sit in taxes though or if this is considered special enough to be paying them. Landry is a sixth man kinda guy who has never asked to start. Yao needs less minutes. Maybe many less. Houston would unfortunately have to take on Arenas, but it's the price you pay... We would push hard to (and hope) have his contract either nulled or lessened.

Why does Toronto do this?

They get to replace Bosh with Jamison which isn't bad and also get two expiring contracts in Scola and Cook. They may want to keep Scola if they can for cheap and they also get a young, cheap prospect in Jermaine Taylor who may be raw but is NBA ready athletically. This also slashes their payroll.

Why does Washington do this?

They get to start fresh. They badly need this fresh start. They will have Tmac's expiring along with a very talented defensive wing but more importantly they shed themselves of their big three, particularly Arenas. Don't get me wrong, this cripples them for this year, but they're not going anywhere as constructed. The amount of money they will save over the course of a couple seasons is ridiculous. They may even find a diamond in the rough they've under utilized (McGee).

What do you think? Just don't flame me too hard. I actually tried to put some real though into this and if it isn't plausible just say so without being needlessly ridiculous.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Arenas? No thanks. That guy is done for the season.(or is soon to be)

13. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Make "season" plural, b/c im sure of it

14. Audioout

Audioout Member

Yeah, I know, but we won't need him. If he does come back and has learned his lesson then maybe, but I seriously doubt it. He'll at least give us leverage when negotiating Brook's new contract.

Also, if he does get back into the game with us by some miracle then we can move Arenas into the 2 spot, Butler to the 3, and Ariza to somewhere else. :)

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Do the even match? Tmac and Bosh roughly make the same salary, and I'm pretty sure Butler makes more than Shane...and we add Arenas' contract of top of that? Did you check this via the trade machine?

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

If we included Scola or Landry, maybe. Not that I like the idea but they'd need someone to step into Bosh's spot for the rest of this season at least.

17. Audioout

Audioout Member

Yes, it works. I would make sure to at least do that before I post.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ahh I see what you did there. A cleverly disguised get rid of Ariza post. Heh. ;)

19. astros148

astros148 Member

you rockets fans are the funniest ppl in the world at thinking we could land bosh and butler for our junk . LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Audioout

Audioout Member

Whoa! Whoa! We don't have junk....well maybe Cook.