1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marc Stein] Deron Williams will be traded if Dwight is a Laker before the deadline

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Commodore, Jan 13, 2012.

1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Maybe Chuck is a better post defender than Dennis Rodman was?

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can Deron play the SG?

Because Kyle Lowry is the point guard in Houston...

3. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Yes, he can play and guard two backcourt position and did it well in his last season with j*zz

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is very, very possible...

Dennis couldn't guard Shaq or Duncan anywhere close to as effectively as Chuck...

That is on ball, post defense though.

Obviously Dennis was more dynamic.

5. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Yeah, maybe because Dennis didn't play against 38 old Shaq

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The only thing that could make it interesting is getting Deron AND Lopez.

It probably isn't enough, but what about:

Deron
    Lee
    Iggy
    Scola
    Lopez

7. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

All this situation with Kyle now reminds a lot of that "Yao can reach Hakeem's level" staff

Not a good sign

One of the worst things on Clutchfans: overrating the player to the "sky is the limit" status and then blame him and cry about his trade asap if he (or actually when he) is not able to deliver

8. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

Williams had 21-10 with the Jazz before the trade and had 15-13 after the trade. Lowry doesn't even compare to the Williams of just last year. Williams had back to back to back to back 19-10 years through this last year, yet people honestly think Lowry is producing at this volume right now?

9. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

I'm not quite sure how some scrubs out there would react but with eight minutes left in 4Q, Deron has 34 points and 13 assists with 1 TO. I don't think that it's Kyle's level. If it was so, we would be somewhere near Lakers in the standings

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

yes, because there's more stats than just points and assists.

William's career high PER is 21.1 with 25 usage.
    Lowry is putting up a player efficiency rating of 23.2 right now, with 22 usage.

How does that "not compare"? It's more or less dead even.

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'd trade Kyle FOR Deron under the right scenario.

It would have to involve other pieces, freeing up cap room for us to sign a max FA next season, and possibly a pick.

[we send Martin/ Scola/ Lowry and receive Williams/ Lopez and the right to change picks with minor protections (top 3 or something)]

12. Asian Sensation

If Lowry plays like he is the the rest of the year and at that level for another 2 seasons bare minimum he can be in the same discussion as Deron William's.

I love Lowry as much as the next guy and he's my favorite Rocket but comparing him to William's is crazy talk.

13. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

Lolz, you compared someone 11 games into a season (his 6th) to another's career......Yeah I don't really need to explain why you don't and shouldn't do that. Wow.

14. Asian Sensation

Seriously. He's been around way too long and should know better than that.

Kyle Lowry is playing out of his mind right now. The way Lowry is playing right now is similar to the way Deron Williams plays on a REGULAR basis and he's done that consistently year in and year out for several years. Not just 11 games.

15. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

if we could get deron without giving up lowry and having both play together, that would be amazing...

- but remember: new jersey was the team we matched for lowry's cotract when he was a rfa. they have interest in him and i think with his improved play, (best case scenario) we can sell high on lowry

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cleveland?

17. Nook

Nook Member

Lowry has consistently improved and has been consistent this season, I do not expect his averages to go down much at all. Defensively Lowry is already better.

As hard as it is to believe, when salaries and attitudes are figured in, it is not that crazy for SamFisher to say Lowry is as good.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Really no point in trading for D-Will, he will bolt for Dallas in the offseason. If he wants to come here and stay here, we can pursue him in free agency.

19. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Deron and Morrow for Martin, Jordan Hill, Goran Dragic, and Marcus Morris.

20. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Call me crazy but i'd trade Lowry and Kmart for DWill. I think some on here overvalue our players.

If that trade went through i'd try to get Bosh from Miami for Scola/dalambert and whoever else they want.