1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marc Stein] Bargnani for Boozer trade being discussed

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by redhotrox, Feb 7, 2013.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't know why, but I want to see this trade happen for some reason. I think it makes both teams more interesting.

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Reminds me of the time Houston traded Moochie for Amaechi

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

Raptors need to send a second player who makes a little bit of money. Haddadi maybe?

4. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...30215_1_tom-thibodeau-gar-forman-derrick-rose

Don't do it Raps!

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I like it for both tbh. The Raptors have already committed with their Lowry/Gay trades. They aren't going to have major cap space for at least 3 years. So, why not, Boozer's deal is the same length and he's better and healthier right now.

And the Bulls drop under tax not just this year but next year too without doing a Grizzlies-Cavs type of trade (Rip Hamilton+pick for cap space or such...).

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

7. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Very true a boozer/gay/Lowry combo sounds pretty good n

8. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Raptors should do it!

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The Raptors should do it.

It's more money, but Bargnani may be the worst player in the NBA outside of Austin Rivers.

11. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I know Boozer can hit long jumpers, but Bargnani's ability to knock down threes would be a big plus for the Bulls. That pick and pop would go from inefficient to efficient with a 39%+ shooter from the arc rather than a guy who shoots 50% from 18 ft. I just think it helps keep the defense honest if they are going to collaspe on Rose every time he gets penetration. And Thibs will find a way to hid him better on defense.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes, there has been chatter about Bargnani-Boozer around here but I’m not sure if it’s just people catching up the first one or what.

But my information remains as it was a week or so ago, there is no interest in taking on either Boozer or his more-costly contract.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If there's chatter, it's gonna happen.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>All-Star Weekend trade rumble: Charlotte's growing determination to move Ben Gordon has presented Toronto w/another Andrea Bargnani suitor</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/302864226232438784">February 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Sense I get, though, is that Toronto ain't gonna bite on Bargs-for-Gordon deal. Raps have Terrence Ross &amp; Alan Anderson playing well there</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/302864398811271168">February 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Gordon easier to take back $-wise than Boozer w/one less year on deal, but Raps unlikely to just trade ex-No. 1 overall pick for sake of it</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/302864966824894464">February 16, 2013</a></blockquote>

#34 J.R., Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  15. rogower

rogower Member

Chicago avoids the 2012-13 luxury tax if they can make this deal with Toronto. If they can't make this deal with Toronto, then the long-rumored Richard Hamilton and a lottery-protected first round pick for super cheap/expendable Rockets player (e.g., James Anderson) trade is back on the table. Obviously, the Bulls would like to avoid the tax without having to cough up a draft pick.

Also, this is very important for NBA fans to understand. [Well, I don't know about "very" important, but it's worth pointing out.] The Bulls WILL use the amnesty clause this summer on Boozer, if they aren't able to trade him. And if they trade him for Bargnani, they WILL use the amnesty clause on Bargnani instead. They'd owe about $9 mil less (I think that's right) to an amnestied Bargnani than to an amnestied Boozer, so there's another big reason why they want to make the deal. 100% chance that Chicago amnesties Bargnani this summer if they acquire him. 100%!

The Bulls are NOT interested in Bargnani, the player. The Bulls are interested in avoid the luxury tax, plain and simple. Bargnani may not play for the Bulls this season. He certainly won't inherit the starting PF job. Taj Gibson obviously will replace Boozer as the starter.

Bargnani is a completely terrible basketball player. Nobody wants Bargnani, the player. The only value here is the tax savings for Chicago. So please do not waste any time/energy imagining how Bargnani will fit in with the Bulls.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bulls can't amnesty Bargnani if they acquire him.