1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Spears: Dwight's knee is bone on bone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Come on Sadboy! Stay positive!

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

okay dont do that pls

3. lean

lean Member

Just another day as Houston sports fan. But srsly, please let this guy be on to something

4. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Uhh... can we please not have this happen to us now.

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]......[​IMG]

I reject your reality and substitute my own!!!...:eek:

6. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

yo if dwight goes down this season im gonna go to limelight every weekend and fight everybody for the rest of the season cause thats how mad i'll be

7. Amir's Johnson

Why would you go to the old Rich's? That place is trash.

8. treeman

treeman Member

Reading the full quotes and putting context to it makes me feel a bit better. I dunno, maybe it's still Dwightageddon, but this doesn't sound too bad.

Dwight Howard hopes to return Saturday

Houston Rockets center Dwight Howard said he hopes to play on Saturday against the Denver Nuggets.
    Howard has not played since Nov. 17 against the Memphis Grizzlies because of a right knee strain. He had platelet-rich plasma therapy on his knee on Nov. 20.

Howard said he didn't consider playing against the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday night, and is aiming for the Nuggets game on Saturday.

"I'm just trying to do extra stuff every day and just gauge where I am at," Howard said Wednesday morning. "I feel a lot of better. My legs are a little weak, but I want to say that is from the long flight here. Get a good workout in tonight and hopefully try to play Saturday."

Howard showed signs of a nearing return when he took part in an intense workout on Sunday in Houston, a source said. Howard, however, preferred the extra days before the Nuggets game to get the rust off and improve his conditioning and strength in his legs. Howard added that he is in better shape now than before the injury.

"The problem was the cartilage was wearing down," the 29-year-old Howard said. "I have been playing basketball for a very long time. When you have the bone rubbing on bone it just brings a lot of pain. Every step or every movement I was making, it was just a lot of pain. I didn't want to put myself or my teammates through that by trying to play through that.

"It was something that needed to go away in order for me to be where I need to be as a player and be where my teammates need me to be every night. I'm happy that a lot of stuff has gone away. The best thing I can do now is to do the best I can do to prevent it from happening again."

Full Story here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dwight-howard-hopes-to-return-on-saturday-211853222.html

1 person likes this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Uhh...so like...this is pretty terrible...

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

This is what I'm thinking..

11. Zergling

Zergling Member

That really sucks. Morey has to seriously be thinking about whether or not he wants to keep Dwight after this contract

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Couldn't you say the same thing about CP3 without stretching it too much? And he's been fine for several seasons now.

13. okeezie

okeezie Member

Yes..Chondromalacia is what he has..in the medical community we don't use that term amongst ourselves anymore but we do use it with patients and it is still an accepted diagnosis

14. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

How do you know for sure that is what he has?

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He wouldn't be returning so early in the year. Odd. He should be aight.

#155 sammy, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  16. okeezie

okeezie Member

This is what I do for a living bro.

17. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Yea but how do you know that he has what you are referring to and not the other thing that would leave many to believe it could be career threatening.

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You play soccer with your hands?

19. okeezie

okeezie Member

He said past week he has no pain when jumping off both legs but had some jumping off the one leg. With the serious issue it would hurt no matter what. Also he would never be listed day to day with a major cartilage injury.. He would be shut down like Clowney. His knee injury is not causing swelling. Bone on bone in the weight bearing portion of the knee will always cause swelling in a professional athlete competing in sports. Once again, hence Clowney.

20. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

[​IMG]