1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Spears: Dwight's knee is bone on bone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. lastreg

lastreg Member

mini-scale rebuild starts NOW. 12/10/14

morey.

2. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

We pay to see....alley oop oop oop..oop oop!

3. fattz

fattz Member

Ralph Sampson

4. Convictedstupid

Doesn't PRP like help grow ligaments or some ****?

5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Ughhhh, as a diehard Rockets fan, this is almost expected.

6. treeman

treeman Member

Wow. Definitely the worst thing I've read today.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu......k :(

This team just can't ever catch a break. Spend years trying to get this guy, and now this.

7. fattz

fattz Member

How? Howard is on the books for 22+per X 2years

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Copy paste I'm assuming when you consider the post he made before.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I can't see how we went from a guy who's never really had knee problems, to being a surprise scratch in the Laker game, to having a catastrophic bone on bone situation.

I'm choosing not to panic yet. Seems the Rockets would have been treating this differently if it was really bone on bone, something the Rockets would have known entering the season.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Okay, I'm dead. x_x

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Uhhhh what? If this is true, we can kiss any championship hopes in the near future goodbye.

Wow, I hope this isn't true.

12. baubo

baubo Member

I'm a bit scared that the Rockets haven't used one of their media guy to refute this. Which kind of gives a bit of credence to it.

I'm closer to the people who thinks that Dwight is talking about being potentially reaching that point. Because if he’s already there, then he should’ve shut himself down way before this. The whole thing feels very weird. He’s getting better, better, waiting, and now basically a career ender? That just feels odd.

Hopefully we’re not in denial but rather this is just Dwight not really understanding the exact nature of his injury. If he’s only on pace to have no cartilage, obviously the Rockets can try to manage him. Give him the Tim Duncan treatment. Let DMo take some of the slack, and save him for the playoffs. If this is the case, then Morey’s pursuit of a 3rd star makes a lot more sense. And I would actually be okay with Bosh or Melo even with their ridiculous money.

13. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I would like more evidence. Something just doesn't match up

14. okeezie

okeezie Member

Look guys..everyone RELAX! I am a physical therapist specializing in sports and orthopedics. Let me decode Dwight for you. His "bone on bone" is not the serious kind. Not even what Clowney has. Dwight's bone on bone is his knee cap, which is a non weight bearing portion of the knee. The only time that area behind the knee cap is stressed is with stairs, jumping, and deep squatting. The bone on bone condition that ends careers is the tibiofemoral joint or the weightbearing portion of the knee. In physical therapy we strengthen the quads and hip muscles and improve muscle flexibility to balance out and stabilize the forces around the knee. You can have bone on bone there and be fine if your quad strength and control is good and your hip/core strength is good. We can't do anything about bone on bone in the weightbearing portion of the knee which is why microfracture is often used on appropriate sized cartilage defects or lesions. Hope this helps.

6 people like this.
  15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't know anything about this stuff, but this makes sense. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I tend to be in this camp. I think Dwight does have wear and tear, but nothing about his play or athleticism early this year seemed to indicate bone on bone problems. I think with rest and caution over the rest of the year he should be ok. Plus the PRP treatment usually takes 6+ weeks to see full benefits if I recall correctly.

17. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

18. Sadboy

Sadboy Member

Let's hope it's the way you describe if not I think I will kill myself.

19. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I hope you are right but knowing the Rockets luck with injury i'm not optimistic.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I also kind of wondered if Dwight was referring to chondromalacia. Chondromalacia is fixed thru physical therapy and rest...not thru surgery.