1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Gasol?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tharges, Jul 15, 2010.

1. tharges

tharges Member

I love the forum to discuss trade possiblities and I apologize for staring another thread up front. What about Gasol as a trade target? If we get Yao back and make it back to the playoffs we will ultimately have to go through the lakers. He had great year last year and can block shots, he is 7'1 and would be able to play center if Yao gets hurt again. Plus with Yao's expected limited minutes, he would be able to take over. Also who know's Pau's game better than his brother? Imagine that match up? Do we really expect alot from Hill or Budinger? Use them as trade pieces along with Jeffries contract and take back Thabeet's contract in return since they were unhappy with him last year. If you had to sweeten the deal offer up a pick. Everyone wants Granger and I realize he is a good player, but I believe we would have to give up too much to get him and we still need a back up center on top of it along with a back point guard. AB would almost have to be part of the trade. Rip me if you have too I just wanted to hear my fellow forum guys thoughts on Gasol as a target.

2. ThaShark316_28

Memphis would never deal Gasol....

:grin:

3. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Maybe if we threw in Kwame Brown they would reconsider?!?

1 person likes this.
  4. tharges

tharges Member

They dealt his brother didn't they?

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

6. Htown's2kFinest

trade them lowry :grin:

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rumors about Morey wanting Thabeet have been around these parts before, Gasol is a pipedream...

8. tharges

tharges Member

I don't believe Memphis values their talent like we do, they have been a trade partner with us several times. Young talent and a pick? What was Pau traded for?

9. tharges

tharges Member

Plus imagine other free agents wanting to come here if Marc was here Fernandez or Rubio? Bait?????

10. jae713

jae713 Member

If Memphis let's Gasol go, I want some of what they're smoking.

11. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

If you are going to start an obvious impossible trade thread than don't apologize for it. Man-Up and take the flames. Because your trade is about as likely to happen as Pat Riley doing a mid season trade with Lebron for Jordan Hill and cash.

12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Gasol is a beast and would be terrific Yao insurance but it might take some serious vodoo to make it happen.

13. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

the obligatory.. gitr done Morey... post.

14. carib

carib Member

Memphis traded Pau for little or nothing. I doubt they will make the same mistake again with his brother Marc.

15. tharges

tharges Member

Who would have thought they would have traded Pau? Plus do they look like a championship contending team? How many good deals have they done? How many times have they traded with us? There is a trust there?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hasheem will be a very poor man's Deke

17. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

(sigh)

18. DontTradeOswalt

We need Kwame Browns brother to get Marc Gasol!!!!

19. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Gasol would be a beast backing up Yao . Maybe even starting once on awhile to give " The Great Wall" some rest..

20. SamCassells Dro

SamCassells Dro New Member

Memphis will never win an NBA Championship. They might as well trade us Gasol.