1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

mar1juana use

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Francis3422, Feb 20, 2001.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Just wondering. i know we have many ages on this board, but how many of us have either used mar1juana or do use mar1juana.

Hoping that saying this isnt illegal I do do it time to time. I find that it relaxes me and at certain times can help with my thought process. I dont do it often but occasionally. Will anyone else admit to it.

------------------
    May I have another Snowball Clutch? Please may I? Ill be a good little mole.... I promise.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Oh, you think thats bad man. Try crack. Try smoking crack man. Have you ever sucked dick for crack!!!
    -Bob Sagat...very funny when not on Full House [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Anyway, I plead the 5th [​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by JayZ750 (edited February 20, 2001).]

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Never have though I've had many opportunities. I'm paranoid enough as it is!!! [​IMG]

Being a musician, I've been exposed to every drug on the planet and just never did them. It just never seemed like something I wanted.

However, I've played with plenty of guys who had habits ranging from smoking pot on occassion to heroin addictions. In one band, the drummer (a recovering alcoholic) and I used to play "guess the drug" by attempting to guess which drug two of the other members were on based on the way they performed. If it was acid, we were in for a "Woodstock" experience. If it was speed, everything went VERY fast! [​IMG]

------------------
    "You know what they say about the music business. Here today, gone TODAY!

- Chris Rock at the MTV Music Video Awards

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have never tried it... but not because I necessarily think it is all that wrong. I am sure that there are many people who can handle occasional social drug use, and if it doesn't hurt anyone else, I see little problem with it. But many of my family members have had serious problems with controlled substances of one type or another, so I have decided to stay completely clean of anything of the sort.

Jayz, that was the only funny thing I have ever heard Bog Sagat say, but it was damn funny! [​IMG]

------------------
    "Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
    Work like you don't need money, love like
    you've never been hurt, and dance like no
    one's watching."

[This message has been edited by RunninRaven (edited February 20, 2001).]

5. Ali Cat

Ali Cat Member

I have no problem with it. It is much much safer than drinking and with about the same results.
    Smoke away.

Ali

p.s. i know the truth jz. [​IMG]

------------------
    Poopy!

6. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I myself never have and never will smoke mar1juana, but I am for the legalization of it.

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

7. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I smoked a ton of weed in college. After graduation, the desire just left me. I'm not sure why, but I have no interest in sparking up. Thats not to say I never will again, however.

Legalize.

------------------
    "We got f*cking smashed every day. And then when we came here to Beverly Hills, we had drugs, we had chicks, we had orgies. I thought I'd died and gone to f*cking Rome"
    ---Ozzy Osbourne, on the early days of Black Sabbath

8. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

Why legalize it?

I'm in High School and to tell you the truth haven't been confronted once (probably because I go to school, come home, go to CC.net for hours, then maybe do some homework).

------------------
    Cuttino Mobley Online

9. Ali Cat

Ali Cat Member

It should be legalized because
    1) Medicinal mar1juana could help a lot of people. Furthermore, research could illuminate new uses.

2) It is a safer drug than alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine- all legal drugs.

3) It only became illegal because mar1juana was perceived to be a "black" drug and this was one more way segregate people. (I'm pretty sure this is true, but I can't find any documentation on it...)

4) No hangover when you smoke and it is just as fun as alcohol. If you are going to do drugs recreationally, do this one.

Ali

------------------
    Poopy!

10. Band Geek Mobster

I did alot of research on legalizing pot back when I was in highschool and I think it should be legalized. I did remember reading somewhere that it does damage ur lungs more than regular cigarettes, so risk of lung cancer is higher. Other then that I see nothing wrong with it, ESPECIALLY when you compare it to alcohol. I get so angry when I see politicians talk about how bad mar1juana is just because it's illegal, they have no factual evidence that it's bad other then the law saying it's bad. I don't see how any logical person could say alcohol is ok, but mar1juana should be illegal. I used to smoke but I quit back in Highschool.

------------------

11. Band Geek Mobster

Wow, the big 1-0-0 was about pot, didn't think that was gonna happen. [​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Band Geek Mobster (edited February 21, 2001).]

12. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

I knew if I waited long enough, this topic would pop up. Sure, I smoke "weed" occasionally, in fact I wish I was smoking right now, but that's another thread. No, I don't smoke tobacco - I can't stand it or anything about it, and I don't use other recreational drugs. mar1juana is different though, you don't need much and it's not addicting (for some, perhaps).

I was first introduced to it by a co-worker less than a year ago and I can honestly say I am glad I tried it. I'm not a fan a drug use by any means and I am not endorsing the use of mar1juana, however, like Bob Saget said in that same movie - "mar1juana's not a drug." And that's how I feel. I see people all of the time smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol and to me smoking weed is in no way worse than doing those things.

I am, of course, all for the legalization of it. There are countless reasons that it should be legalized, not the least of which is the overcrowding in prisons due to record numbers of mar1juana related convictions. Also, should mar1juana be legalized, just think of the control the government could have over it.

Think about the whole issue about the government trying to gain control of the tobacco industry - if mar1juana was legalized, the government would have control from the beginning and not have to worry about the same problems it is facing with tobacco. Not to mention that cannabis can be used for far more many things than the tobacco plant. The money the govenment loses on the fight against mar1juana? It wouldn't have to be spent - in fact it is quite logical to assume that the government would make money on the harvesting and distribution or it.

Oh, and if it was legal, do you think mar1juana would still be referred to as a 'gateway' drug? mar1juana is no more of a gateway drug than alcohol or tobacco smoking. Now granted there should be restrictions on the use of it, i.e. driving while stoned, but it is perfectly fine to think that it would work.

Bottom line is, I would love to see it legalized sometime in the near future - and hopefully I will. Just my two cents. [​IMG]

-Turbo

--------------------
    Educate yourself.
    www.NORML.org
    www.cannabis.com
    www.hightimes.com

13. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I used to smoke at least a quarter bag a night with a few friends for about 5-6 years, but now only smoke a couple times a month. If I do smoke, it's usually only the good stuff...kind bud. Dirt mexican buddah just puts me to sleep...after I smoke about 10 spliffs!

------------------
    "Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives,
    but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is." -- Barbara Bush

14. RENDIGGLER3:20

Every day!!!

Im high now!

You know right when I light up my bowl is when the Rochets go on thier runs!No joke!

Oh,feel free to drop by anytime but I dont like scavengers you better bring your own.

It is Americas favorite past time [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the why in the Hell isnt Langhi playing club!!!

15. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

In my mind, more damage to society is done when people are forced to committ violence to attain drugs. If drugs were legal, there would be far less gang shootings and massive police stake-outs. Legalize all drugs, especially Marajuana. I haven't had much, but I am all for the legalization of it.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

16. ScreamingRocketJet

I had a period a few years ago where I was smoking every day. The girl I was dating smoked, and as we hung around all the time...I ended up doing it also. It got to the point where it was every day and every night... and I really got in foul moods if I didn't have any.

Me and her split up...and I continued smoking it all the time. I went through a bad depression stage...relationship breakup + the old "wtf do I want from my life" and I am telling you, that stuff is flat out DANGEROUS when you are down. I couldn't believe how low I used to get. It was as low as I used to get high. I am talking suicide. I couldn't sleep without the stuff and I was starting to base everything in my life around it.

I met up with a few new friends and just seemed to go away from it. Later on I met the girl I just married...and she is VERY anti drugs...and it just wasn't my scene anymore. I haven't smoked for a few years now.

I still have friends who smoke every day...and they just seem to be going nowhere.That includes someone who is very close to me and it kills me to see him wasting his life.

I REALLY don't want this to sound like me preaching here...because I am as open minded as you can get and I have done most things myself...but I really think dope is a lot more addictive than people make out. For people going through a depression etc, it's flat out dangerous IMO.

Casually I think it's okay...but it is bloody easy to let it get out of control.

------------------

17. Molotov Cocktail

Molotov Cocktail Contributing Member

Up here in Alaska there was a measure on the ballot to legalize mar1juana in November. It failed, but Alaska and the north country in general has a much more leniant attitude towards pot. Granted I've never done it, and I'm even in college, but I know many, many people here in Fairbanks who do and I don't have anything against them or them doing it. It's just my choice not to.

------------------
    The Rockets never lose, they just get outscored occasionally

18. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I did a little in high school and college.And to be honest I wouldnt mind doing some now and then, but my company makes me participate in the dreaded "Random drug Tests" [​IMG]

------------------

19. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

I used to be an every day smoker for over ten years, till one day like Lynus over there, the desire just left me. Not sure what it was, tired of spending my money, tired of staying home stoned all day, or simply just plain tired of being sick and tired. Funny thing is, I think just about everyone of my friends smokes it so I don't knock it either. Its like a good cigar after work, but like anything, like uh, SMOKE, you put into your body, obviously does more harm than good, no matter how mellow it makes one feel. Oh, and the old "but at least its not alcohol or crack", cmon, I don't buy into that. Vices are simply bad all around. Hell, maybe I drink too much coffee and worry to much..its gonna kill me!

------------------
    Whatever you want to do, you have to do something else first.

20. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Another really good reason to legalize mar1juana is because it would legalize the cannibas family of which hemp is a part.

Hemp could be one of the most revolutionary crops ever grown. They can make everything from clothing to paper to a variety of industrial products with it and, because it is sustainable (it can be easily harvested without pesticides or fertilizer - all you do is plant, harvest and plow under), it is great for farmers, cheap for consumers and easy on the environment.

Because it is classified in the cannibas family, it is illegal to grow in the US, though they grow it all over Europe and we can import hemp products from there. I'll never forget seeing a CBS News story on legalizing the growing of hemp and they were speaking to a farmer in England about whether or not you could get high from it.

He said in a VERY British accent, "You could get high from it, but you would have to smoke a joint the size of a telephone pole." [​IMG]

------------------
    "You know what they say about the music business. Here today, gone TODAY!

- Chris Rock at the MTV Music Video Awards