1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mar Cus Cam By

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xiki, Feb 2, 2014.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Actually, if not for his foot/surgery he would be on a ROXster right now. The fellow may be ancient but he knows what he is doing on the court. In limited minutes I would expect him to be a positive contributor - - even when er, if OA returns to glory.

Greg Smith has been hurt all season, regrettably. The young feller shows some promise; shame it will likely surface in Philly or some other outpost.

PS Tree Rollins, he of the big bite...

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

IF Camby is healthy I am sure he can give you a great 10-20 minutes a game at backup center. Maybe not quite at the level of Asik but surely not far off.

Trading the "sour" Asik and then bringing in the veteran influence in Camby could be helpful.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

“To be truthful, we’ve struggled against the big, strong (backups), whether it would be the backup from Oklahoma City, (Steven Adams), or the Memphis two-some, even (Kosta) Koufas coming in. Right now, D-Mo and T.J. are figuring out how to play against those guys. Omer has got it figured out. It will be nice having him back.”

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...ed-playing-time-omer-asiks-return-well-timed/

I'm big on the two young 4s; bigger on bigger/badder/smarter/more experienced 5s.

4. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

repped for cracking me up. thanks

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Most would probably just call up Mutumbo back at this point. Camby did nothing and offered nothing for any team the past few seasons. As far as being fit to play and contribute, Hakeem at his current conditioning level would help the Rockets out more than 100 fold of what Camby will be ever capable of.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...s-Readiness-For-NBA-Return-By-End-Of-February

Free agent center Marcus Camby is progressing in his rehabilitation from foot surgery and expects to be fully healthy by February’s end to join an NBA team, a league source told RealGM.

Camby, who underwent surgery before the season for a torn plantar fascia, returned to on-court activities two weeks ago and has shown positive signs in his rehab. Teams must finalize postseason-eligible players by March 1.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I saw that. It sounds like MC will be signing @3/1. With?

I assume he is working out in Houston therefore Rox will know what his conditioning is etc.

8. eslate22

eslate22 Member

so you are telling me that you would rather keep RONNIE BREWER over Canaan? you crazy fool