1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Map finding [Rome]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by twhy77, Aug 23, 2015.

1. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

Fellow Clutchfans,

Sometimes the power of the google just doesn't find me what I am looking for. I'm trying to procure a print or copy of the map found here: http://www.vicariatusurbis.org/edicolesacre/riquadri/roma1.jpg

This was a popular map of Rome in the early 70's.

The name of the map is "Pianta Monumentale di Roma - 1970" by Armando Ravaglioli and Luigi Piffero. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm actually shocked this is so hard to find in this day and age, as there should be a lot of prints out there. Joke posts will at least lighten my spirits. Thanks!

2. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

3. GIGO

GIGO Member

The full title of the map in that jpg image above looks like this,
    Roma, pianta monumentale a volo d'uccello del centro storico di Roma nell anno del centenario, 1970.

The map may have been popular in the 70s, but could be one of the rare maps despite its relative youth and thus may not be easy for purchase. (For instance, this seller who's specializing Rome has the title in their catalog but they don't seem to have a product to sell.)

However, if you'd only like to take a look at an actual print, there seems to be the consortium of libraries in NYC (NYARC) where it is available to the public.

Also, since it looks like Ravaglioli heavily referred to that particular map in his book Vedere e capire Roma (1979), I'm only guessing a full-page copy of the map may have been included in it. (Here's the used book vendor for this book just in case.) But it'd be useless if you're specifically looking for a print of the map in full size (as in 97 x 140 cm).

Good luck!

1 person likes this.