1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Many of you are selling Evan Mobley short

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jun 22, 2021.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Remember Sheldon Williams from Duke, he looked like a solid center and flamed out in the nba. Yeah, I'm not taking that risk

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watch all his interviews. Concerning at best.

BossHogg713 and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Tim Duncan says Hi

albuster, Roc Paint and Le$$ like this.
  4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Im not that guy looks like a beast on the boards, and can score like it nothing lol. Very Dream lite. Bosh clone.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

The quickness/coordination for his size is tantalizing. You assume he is going to be put on a lot more weight (ideally without sacrificing too much lateral quickness to play perimeter D). If he can at least be respected from 3 and be able to pass he will be a multi time all star eventually.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm super high on Mobley.

I think if the Rockets go that route, Giannis and Bam are the guys they should try to mold his game into. I don't want him to "put on weight." Obviously he'll get stronger but I don't want him to try to turn into a bruiser. Keep him skinny strong and help him develop guard skills. He's still super young and the vision and IQ are already there.

I also really like Green.

Not high on Suggs at all.

I would be ecstatic with Cade, Mobley or Green.

I hope Detroit falls in love with Green obviously. If this is the case, they either have to trade with us and move down just 1 to ensure they get their guy or draft Green a spot too high.

7. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

It seemed like the only players that really benefited from Hakeem’s teachings were Kobe, Lebron and Melo.

Bigs that went to him like Amare, Dwight, Brook and Robin Lopez (lol) couldn’t imitate to Dream’s finesse. They look so stiff and don’t ‘pop’ out of their moves.

I just don’t think there’s a big that could ever emulate Dream. Even Embiid, the closest to Hakeem with quickness and size and who people want to say is the next Dream, looks awkward more times than not. Dream’s moves are for guards and agile forwards.

Roc Paint and BossHogg713 like this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t see the similarity.

Also, Does Mobley have a post game like Duncan did that I don’t know about?

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The problem is that those bigs you mentioned don't have the footwork to emulate Dream's moves (e.g. the stiffness you mentioned) so they were destined to fail from the start. Mobley is much more fluid than any of those bigs and his build offers a better baseline for Dream's moves.

albuster and Roc Paint like this.
  10. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

11. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

It’s very hard to judge these players bc they are all one and done. Does green have the fire to become an mj or d wade ? Does Mobley have the fire to be a Hakeem who knows? He hasn’t spent 4 yrs in the ncaa developing post moves like Hakeem. We’re all just guessing based on their character and work ethic.

#91 palmsnbananas, Jun 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  12. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Drafting soft big men...what could go wrong?

As a fan of the PAC12, I frequently watched this guy get outworked, outmuscled, and outmatched by smaller big men. DO NOT WANT.

joshuaao, ilovehtownbb, Bo6 and 5 others like this.
  13. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

There are a ton of examples of that exact scenario playing out at every position.

14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

KOBEEEE

15. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Same exact thought process here. I’m high on Mobley, but as long as they take Cade, Green, or Mobley, I’m thrilled.

mikenm268 likes this.
  16. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

He still plays ping pong regularly at Sugar Land rec center in the non-summer months.

Caesar likes this.
  17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I keep hearing this trade up scenario and I don’t get it. If they want green make them take him at 1. Why would we give up assets when Cade falls to us anyway. If the pistons end up falling in love with green make them put on their big boy pants and take him first. We can’t lose either way. Pressure is on Detroit.

18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I really like Mobley. The physical tools are obvious. People compare his bust potential to Mo Bamba's but Bamba was clearly much more raw and had none of the ball handling or lateral movement that Mobley has. I see Mobley as more of a JJJ, a game changer on defense that can create his own offense a bit. He has nice form on his outside shot which could hopefully be built upon. I don't see him as a go to scorer which limits his ceiling a bit, but being a defensive anchor with all-around offensive capability would already be so valuable.

19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That footwork, wingspan, and timing on the ping pong table.

20. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Suggs can't shoot then draft Green