1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Many of you are selling Evan Mobley short

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I see why your basketball IQ is limited bro it's because you follow idiots on Twitter that don't understand anything about basketball. You need to go watch some Dick Vitale videos at least. None of the guards that dude mentioned will ever become an all-star in the future and that's including Wall (KPJ has a very slight chance maybe). Our guard rotation is definitely nothing to write home about. There is a reason why teams don't draft "Twin Towers" anymore...

SkareKrow and Bo6 like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agreed on all of above.

Additionally we've seen that Wood can play successfully with another big.

I'd argue that Mobley's defense makes him a better fit next to Wood than even Olynyk.

And Mobley-Olynyk pairings should be even better.

#342 D-rock, Jun 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

You taking the opposite stance just warms the cockles of my heart.

I'm even more on the Mobley pick now.

When you ever get something right, let me know.

Bro.

Ramo$e and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’ll give $1000 to clutch fans if Mobley is not the pick

5. dmoneybangbang

Seems like Mobley is just the inverse of those prospects..... supposed elite NBA defensive production verse offensive that you hope you figures out how to improve the other side.

The bolded is my concern. It also works offensively too, where college bigs just have a built in size advantage that gets negated in the NBA due to the overall strength.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

If Mobley's offensive production wont translate to the NBA then guess what Sugg's offensive production will translate even less cuz his offensive stats are worse than Mobley's. Suggs took a total of 3 more three point attempts per night on average than Mobley its not like he is this crazy perimeter scorer like Green was. Both of them will need to work on their 3 pt shot but as it stands Mobley is the better finisher and scorer of the 2. If you look at Tyrese Maxey that could be Suggs if his shot doesnt translate whats the value of a pg who cant shoot? Ask Ben Simmons.

Like I said only logical choice for the pick is Mobley, Green or Cade if Pistons somehow f up. Suggs is not even on the discussion.

Ramo$e, Denovo and D-rock like this.
  7. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

From Harden only stan to Mobley only stan now right big D? Cause you know all those great wonderful trade ideas you come up with must really take you all day huh?

SkareKrow likes this.
  8. Roc Paint

As far as my previous post is concerned I’ll bet anyone on here $1000

just watch

Hakeemtheking and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm sensing quite a bit of penis envy.

I'm a stan because Mobley is the clear 2nd best player in this draft? Was I a Cade stan too before?

LOL

If anyone is a stan its YOU.

Bro.

Ramo$e likes this.
  10. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Side bet?

11. cdcnac

cdcnac Member

I've read many pros and cons in both Green and Mobley. I'm so undecided but feel blessed to have this dilemma. Who knows, we may still end up with Cade. I'm good with any of the three and glad it isn't the 18th pick.

Interesting would be if we package picks/assets to move up in the draft from the 23rd pick. I'm really hoping we get a great 3 and D wing with length. Hopefully resign David Nwaba with a good contract and he stays healthy and CW improves more much like Julius Randle. Will be an interesting future ahead and looking forward to it.

D-rock likes this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Deal…

D-rock, Rudyc281 and Roc Paint like this.
  13. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

D-rock you are the last person on this board that I would ever be envious of LMAO (that was funny as ****). Back to basketball, now how is Mobley the clear second best player in this draft? He's very very comparable to Jaren Jackson Jr coming out of college, his body, his athleticism, his offensive approach, his defensive instincts, etc (go watch YouTube videos of JJJ in high school and college to see the comparisons to Mobley). Also Mobley is very hesitant to pull a lot of times even when wide open. I'm not trying to bash the young man, but he has MAJOR red flags and there is a rumor out there saying that Mobley does not even like basketball. So you want us to draft JJJ with Tracy McGrady's heart with the second pick in the draft? Obligatory D-rock logic at it's finest! Bravo bravo bravo!!!

14. Roc Paint

1000 to the website

If you basketball fans don’t see the obvious pic, then I can help y’all

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

You keep being you.

I'll keep being right.

That you don't know that Mobley is 2nd on many team's draft boards is not surprising.

Bro.

Ramo$e likes this.
  16. Roc Paint

Kevin.Carstens @ yahoo.com

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

How about you give 1000 usd to me if Mobley is not the pick? For 1k usd I'll make 5 new threads talking about why Green is the pick.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

After putting more thought into it, I think I'm leaning Mobley 70-30.

The Rockets have a ton of guards and small forwards, they have exactly one player at the 4/5. Without some miracle moves, there's not going to be all that much cap space to work with. Since I see Mobley and Green as basically a toss up, the tie goes to the guy who fits better with the team and IMO is more likely to remain loyal to the team.

JayGoogle, Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  19. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Bro nobody knows who's on who's draft board bro. It's just a bunch of beat writers and wannabe reporters claiming to have the inside scoop when they really don't know anything about a team's preferred player list and just saying whatever they feel sounds good for clicks and retweets. For all we know Jalen Suggs could be the #1 choice on most teams big board(I doubt it but how would we really ever know?). We all are just making educated guesses on what we THINK a franchise covets in the draft. Also most of these supposed "mock drafts" are on version 2 or 3. Their final "mock draft" will come out a week before the draft and will be slightly different from their original "mock". But believe the hype if you want to bro.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

that’s not how it works. You cant just say player a and b had the same college production so will either fail or succeed in the same way in the nba. Luke Garza had dominant college production and is going to struggle in the nba.

Suggs took 104 threes on the season to Mobley’s 40. So over 2.5x more. On meaningful better efficiency.

but honestly I’m actually willing to give Mobley the benefit of the doubt on shooting partly because he took so few and I believe he started out the season better than he finished up on his threes.

that said his 69% free throw percentage isn’t that encouraging. Not that Suggs’ 75% is mind blowing.

Greens 37% from three (nba three) and 83% from the line is what has many of us excited about him. Not just the athleticism. But athleticism combined with skill.

that said Mobley is at least capable of making a three, has good passing instincts, seems to have solid hands and an decent dribble so if he can just accept a role also Ayton where 80% (or more) of his buckets come off assists, with 1-2 of those a three each night, while collecting some assists and playing A defense, that’s a big win, even if it’s not your #1 player

D-rock likes this.