1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Manu Ginobli , the answer!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheTruth, Jul 1, 2004.

1. TheTruth

TheTruth Contributing Member

hey guys, sorry if this has been posted. i went up and down and didnt see anything on it so here goes..
    <BR><BR>

i noticed the huge list of free agents, and yes i know although he is a restricted free agent...
    <BR><BR>
    i really think he could the answer to what our team needs. ginobli is gutsy, the epitome of a team player, a slasher, a sharp shooter, a ball handler... he could easily play our three guard positions.
    <BR><BR>
    PG- ginobli, lue<BR>
    SG- mcgrady, gaines<BR>
    SF- jackson, boki<BR>
    PF- howard, MoT<BR>
    C- yao, (Bidane? since hes currently being conditioned by Ewing)
    <BR>
    while pike, and adrian griffin are versatile back ups
    thats a full roster of 12!
    <BR>
    what do you think guys?

2. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

um yea....yea...YEA....YOU THINK?......no
    he'll get pretty decent cash flow and i cant seein him play pg.i'll i want is to see the thread sayin we signed fisher and were legit yo!

3. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Some Spurs fan I work with said the Spurs were gonna sign Gino at like 8 million a year. The guy doesn't even start for them.

4. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

hes kinda erratic. like a young sam cassell.

where are you going to get the money to sign him? hes worth more than the mle. and san antonio wont help us with a sign and trade.

5. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Ginobilli would make a horrible point guard. He makes some great plays, but too often turns the ball over and over dribbles a lot.

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

and aside from the fact he's looking for a contract that's worth about 8-9 million a year and we've only got the MLE to offer, do you really want to see Badiane, who can't even get much burn on his german team to play 20 minutes a game or more this year for us? Yao doesn't play but around 28-30 minutes a game. It is absolutely imperative we get a good back up center and what you're proposing is we spend all of our available money and then some on one player.

I personally would much rather see us add depth by trying to split the MLE between somebody like Damon Jones or Rafer Alston at point guard, Brian Skinner for back up center and then Eric Williams for more depth at small forward and to play the 4 if teams try to use a small line up against us as they did last year.

8. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

$8-9M? Are Spurs crazy?

9. TheTruth

TheTruth Contributing Member

well you guys are making it seem as though we MUST SIGN FREE AGENTS. all im suggesting that ginobli would be a wonderful fit. weve got plenty of contracts to use via trade for the players you have suggested. FREE AGENCY is not the only way to go.

we have been offered trades from cleaveland and others teams who are interested in piakowski and etc. so lets not give up on good ol fashioned trading. weve got plenty of nice contracts to dump like weatherspoon, adrian griffin, mo taylor, and piakowski.
    just beacuse we dont have free money to wheel and deal doesnt mean we cant make deals.

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

1. Manu would be a terrible PG. He is a good SG spark off the bench.

2. The guy is already 27, he's not old, but old for a big contract.

3. Other teams will offer more money, we don't have to.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Manu would be AWESOME !!

But San Antonio will not let him go.

DD